Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 09-01-2014, 05:30 AM   #1
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Amazon pricing country comparison

I've just looked at a couple of audiobooks that were on the Audible Aus home page, whilst logged into my Aus account.

Could you tell me please what price you're paying in your country for the following books?

AUD 19.95 The End of the Affair, Graeme Green - narrated by Colin Firth

24.53 All Honourable Men, Gavin Lyall - narrated by William Neenan.

I appreciate that 2 books is not a very strong survey, but I'm very curious because Amazon likes to charge us a lot more in Aus than they charge in the US.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:47 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I've just looked at a couple of audiobooks that were on the Audible Aus home page, whilst logged into my Aus account.

Could you tell me please what price you're paying in your country for the following books?

AUD 19.95 The End of the Affair, Graeme Green - narrated by Colin Firth

24.53 All Honourable Men, Gavin Lyall - narrated by William Neenan.

I appreciate that 2 books is not a very strong survey, but I'm very curious because Amazon likes to charge us a lot more in Aus than they charge in the US.
This time, the prices are the same ($19.95 / $24.53). Member prices are lower ($13.96 / $17.17).

But in general, I agree that you guys get the shaft more times than not. I have a theory about too. It's Vegemite. You guys need to purge your country of that obnoxious concoction. Once you do that, the world will treat you better.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2014, 05:50 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
This time, the prices are the same ($19.95 / $24.53). Member prices are lower ($13.96 / $17.17).

But in general, I agree that you guys get the shaft more times than not. I have a theory about too. It's Vegemite. You guys need to purge your country of that obnoxious concoction. Once you do that, the world will treat you better.
In this case, I think it's more expensive in the US... I presume the first post has Australian dollars? Granted it's only one American dollar difference, but still!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:22 AM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you both for that info.

But I'm a bit confused as to why the audiobook version is dearer than the MP3 CD which is advertised at USS8.99. Link here

That doesn't make sense to me why the CD version is so cheap. I can't work out if Colin Firth is the narrator of the CD version, but I presume that he is.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:31 AM   #5
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I was a vegiemite kid .... and I'm a vegiemite adult .... and I love it

You'll just have to learn how to like it!!
Advert
Old 09-01-2014, 06:45 AM   #6
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Moved to it's own thread

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 09-01-2014 at 07:05 AM. Reason: add the edit
Old 09-01-2014, 07:25 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Thank you both for that info.

But I'm a bit confused as to why the audiobook version is dearer than the MP3 CD which is advertised at USS8.99. Link here

That doesn't make sense to me why the CD version is so cheap. I can't work out if Colin Firth is the narrator of the CD version, but I presume that he is.
It's not a download. The one reason for me to go for Audible (though I've not bought an audiobook for some time) is the availability to always re-download my books, to the various devices I own. I don't need to backup a CD or rip it to MP3 and then store it on my own HDD's.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote