Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
aingls
aingls began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
New here and decided to root, but a question.

Hey everyone! I've been reading these boards for a while, and am glad to see so many helpful people!

Anyways, I'm going through the steps, preparing for rooting my nookcolor. I see in the nookdevs site that there are two different downloads. One for bare bones and one auto-nooter. It says the bare bones will enable ADB access. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does ADB mean? And which download should I get?

Thanks for your time and help. I'm sure I'll have more questions as the day progresses.
aingls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
aingls

Another question. My sd card is formatted for the nookcolor. do I need to erase the empty files before using the disc imager? is there anything I need to know about this, or will simply choosing the files and clicking delete work?
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
aingls

ok, i found it out myself. I used the auto-root, and did delete the files from my sd card first (but i think this wasn't needed because when i wrote the image to the sd, it said it would delete anything on there).

Yay! I think I did it! I'm gonna go check to make sure everything works right.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
I'm glad you figured it out! Welcome to the rooted commmunity.
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote