Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-03-2015, 04:59 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Manybooks selling books?

Forgive me if I'm a bit behind with this but I haven't been on MR for a while. I've recently noticed that manybooks.com have started emailing me with adverts for non-free books. Is this legit? Or am I getting dodgy emails? Hotmail has now started to junk these emails.

I have recently been on manybooks and didn't notice anything but pd and cc books.
Please bring me up to date on this. Thank you.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:40 PM   #2
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Feedbooks sells some of its books, too, so I'm not surprised to read their competitor Manybooks has followed them down that road.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:03 AM   #3
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Feedbooks sells some of its books, too, so I'm not surprised to read their competitor Manybooks has followed them down that road.
Feedbooks is a normal e-book store and has a lot of free books as well.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:56 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Forgive me if I'm a bit behind with this but I haven't been on MR for a while. I've recently noticed that manybooks.com have started emailing me with adverts for non-free books. Is this legit? Or am I getting dodgy emails? Hotmail has now started to junk these emails.

I have recently been on manybooks and didn't notice anything but pd and cc books.
Please bring me up to date on this. Thank you.
It looks like they pivoted to also pitching ebook deals as well as freebies. No big surprise there (we all need money).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Feedbooks and Manybooks both have their OPDS Catalogs available and are included in Koreaders initial list of OPDS sites for its OPDS support/feature. I would expect that only the free ebooks would be included in the catalog, as OPDS has no standard payment provisions. I don't see any indication in the listing of ebooks that any are offered for purchase and the ones I tried download OK.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-04-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:30 PM   #6
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I've just signed out of my email account, otherwise I'd give an example. They are advertising self-published books, some of which are free (but I think these are on offer, rather than CC) others vary between 99p and £5 or a little more. The price is given in the emails.
I just wondered if this was coming from manybooks or was a scam run from elsewhere. I'm always very alert to scams.
If manybooks has begun to host costed self published books, fair enough, as long as they keep up the good work with the public domain ones.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:46 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Feedbooks is a normal e-book store and has a lot of free books as well.
It started out as all PD books much like Manybooks. Hadrian and company didn't add the store stuff until later.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emails, manybooks, sales