Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Is chicken soup an abomination?
Yes 5 15.63%
Yes 8 25.00%
The blue one next to the fish 19 59.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #586
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Not to worry Poohbear. I'll take care of dressing you.

I should be there any minute.

Knock, Knock
Spoiler:
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:22 PM   #587
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Oh - so sorry - that's Owl's door! Nice try!

[sneaking out window]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #588
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mr. Owl is fine, and I fixed his door.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #589
SameOldStory
My True Self

I bet this Iberian wolf could help me find a little chicken.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #590
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes - but I don't think he'd share his chicken with you now, would he?
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #591
SameOldStory
My True Self

You might be right. (heavy sigh)

Perhaps you would like to watch this old home movie from back when I was a lot younger? While you do that, I'll try to do some more thinkun.

Spoiler:
Old 10-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #592
poohbear_nc
Now what?

You gol' dang cotton pickin' chicken plucker! Stay away from my foliage!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #593
SameOldStory
My True Self

I think that you may have it figured out. I don't want you just for your BBQ potential, small as it is. But I need a few more yellow feathers for my kid's Halloween costume.

I'm teaching him how to sneak up on chickens.

You know what they say;
Like father, like son.
And both like chicken.

Hay! I'm a poet!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #594
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Ahhhhhhhhh..... you're breeding! Soon no place will be safe from your grasping clutches!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #595
SameOldStory
My True Self

But Poohbear, just think about it a minute. If I succeed the world will be full of chicken people.

And to accomplish this great dream all I need is your feathers.

Oh, and some chicken salad. And some BBQ chicken. Oh, and some chicken soup.

But that's all I promise!

Oh, and some nuggets too. But that's all. I promise.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #596
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Don't you watch TV at all? Chickens DON'T have nuggets!

[Thanks for sharing your family photos - are they all dancing to "YMCA"?]
Old 10-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #597
SameOldStory
My True Self

Poohbear, you watch too much TV. You need to go to the zoo more often.

Here are a couple of pictures of live nuggets that I personally took at the zoo.

By the way, I have plenty of that delicious red sauce that they like so much. And you can have it all when you come over.

And just incase you need more irrefutable proof you have this >

Remember "Truth in Advertising"? Well Wal-Mart couldn't call them NUGGETS if they weren’t. So there!

That'll teach that chicken how smart I am. There's no way he can win an argument against my great interleckt.

Silly chicken.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:44 PM   #598
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
No cabbage in it. Just the noodles, which are like little dumplings. We call the noodles halushki; the cabbage is called kapusta. So the recipe that's sometimes just labeled Halushki on the 'web, if it contains cabbage, is really Halushki Kapusta.

Most of the pictures of halushki on the 'web seem to be just egg noodles, not true halushki. No two halushki look alike if made the proper way.

You can also add a potato into the halushki batter, cook them up, and then serve them in browned (lightly salted, not sweet) butter with pot cheese (NOT cottage cheese). Double yum!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halu%C5%A1ky

Probably more than you ever wanted to know, right? LOL
Just realized that the word for cabbage is similar to the word in Russian (капуста, pronounced kapusta)
Still, eating chicken soup continues to be an abomination..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:13 AM   #599
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Only to other chickens. . .
Just what I was thinking GlenBarrington. lol..
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:15 AM   #600
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
I think that you may have it figured out. I don't want you just for your BBQ potential, small as it is. But I need a few more yellow feathers for my kid's Halloween costume.

I'm teaching him how to sneak up on chickens.

You know what they say;
Like father, like son.
And both like chicken.

Hay! I'm a poet!
Cute little guy. He get plenty of loot this year?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote