Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
radi0j0hn
radi0j0hn began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Again, a Calibre Question (not connecting)

Never have been able to to get it to "see" my PRS-500. Sony Reader does, on the same XP PC. Any ideas?

Last edited by radi0j0hn; 04-23-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: typo
radi0j0hn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
You probably ought to ask this down the list in the Calibre forum. That's where the gurus are.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
radi0j0hn
radi0j0hn began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Actually I was down there...

The forum robot said that the thread was very old and so I should start anew.
radi0j0hn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:49 PM   #4
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by radi0j0hn View Post
The forum robot said that the thread was very old and so I should start anew.

Well I think the robot meant start anew in the Calibre forums. This is the General discussions section. Which isn't related to Calibre.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by radi0j0hn View Post
Never have been able to to get it to "see" my PRS-500. Sony Reader does, on the same XP PC. Any ideas?
If this is the old (non-epub) firmware for the 500 then Kovid says to stick with 0.6.29 which you can find here. Version 0.6.29 is the last version of Calibre that supports connecting to the PRS-500.

Update: Nevermind, what I stated only applies to OS X. Just follow Kovid's advice below. If you're not sure how to install Calibre's PRS-500 driver Kovid explains it here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Right click the prs500.inf file in the driver sub directory of the calibre installation folder and select install. Then connect the 500. Windows should ask for the driver, just point it to the calibre drivers directory

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-25-2010 at 01:34 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
on windows you have to uninstall the sony drivers and install the calibre driver
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
on windows you have to uninstall the sony drivers and install the calibre driver
Is this required for the old firmware and only works up to version 0.6.29? I just want to know if I was passing on wrong or outdated info.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:32 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The 0.6.29 restriction is only for OS X. Windows/linux the latest releases should still work. And yes, its only required for the old formware.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre