Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
Charbax
Addict
Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Video from IFA 2009: PocketBook 360 and 302 (touchscreen, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPRS...)

http://techvideoblog.com/ifa/5-pocke...-e-ink-reader/

Anyone know if I can find iRiver, Astak or any other interesting E-Ink readers at this IFA show? Cause I'd like to film some other tomorrow.

Last edited by Charbax; 09-05-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Charbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
iRiver is supposed to be there with Story, the Kindle clone.

Last edited by Nate the great; 09-06-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
Floeee
Groupie
Floeee began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s *returned* / Sony PRS-505 *returned* / Asus eee PC t91
hmm the pocketbook 302 can really be an alternative to the sony prs600
but i believe that the pocketbook 360 will go under against cybook, sony and co
Floeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
I really love the cover on the pocket 360, it's a fantastic idea to protect the screen like that. And the design in general is appealing to me.
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #5
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
I think I would prefer the 360 if that controller was below the screen rather than off to one side, doing it that way would reduce the width by quite a bit and not greatly increase the height. The mockup of that 8" model also looked like the space on the right was a bit wasted, but maybe due to the increased weight of the larger device that makes it more comfortable to hold.

I guess your preference for that kind of thing can change depending on the size of pocket you put your reader in, my 505 only just about fits in my jacket pocket with the narrow sides it has.

The 302 was nice, but in the lighting they had it did seem that the fingerprints on the screen were awfully noticeable.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thank you charbax for that great video ! the pocketbook 360 looks brilliant, i love the hardware design (excellent ergonomics, it looks like to me), and i didn't realise it had integrated dictionary lookup !! excellent !!! thanks so much for that interview and all the details ! the 302 also looks like it will be a great machine, i'll definitely be looking forward to hearing more about it when it's available.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Wow, great video. I love the 360... the cover is great. I'm not sure if it does, but it should disable the buttons when you put it on the front.. otherwise you will be turning the page all the time without knowing it..

Then... the 302 and the 8inch prototype.... looks like some great products are coming from this company. WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G... not sure what you would do with bluetooth... I guess sync with your PC if you don't have WiFi when you are on the road or something.

Any idea on formats and DRM support?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Wow, great video. I love the 360... the cover is great. I'm not sure if it does, but it should disable the buttons when you put it on the front.. otherwise you will be turning the page all the time without knowing it..
i agree, the cover for the 360 is a stroke of genius. excellent protection, and easy to keep it with the thing when it's open so you don't lose it / have to hold on to it.

Quote:
Then... the 302 and the 8inch prototype.... looks like some great products are coming from this company. WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G... not sure what you would do with bluetooth... I guess sync with your PC if you don't have WiFi when you are on the road or something.
i think he mentioned you could use a bluetooth keyboard as well. definitely some really interesting innovations from pocketbook !

Quote:
Any idea on formats and DRM support?
if you take a look in the thread about the pocketbook models in the "introduce yourself" forum (if memory serves) andrey has given a list of the formats, which include epub and several others. i could be wrong but i don't think he mentioned supporting any drm formats.

edit : here is the post.
Supported formats FB2, TXT, PDF, DJVU, RTF, HTML, PRC, CHM, EPUB, DOC, TCR, FB2.ZIP
Picture formats JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIFF

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 09-06-2009 at 12:22 PM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #9
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
thanks for posting the latest video for the 360...it is still the ideal design for what I am hunting in a reader. I am likely going to wait for the more advanced version, plus I have stopped being an early adopter for devices anymore.

I remember how impressive that design was when info was posted hear before (I think it was late last year or early this year). It's got everything, hand AND orientation agnostic, and the cover is a no-brainer feature...plus the programmers from the former Soviet countries like Ukraine and Russia might be some of the best developers anywhere, they had to do more with less for so long that the developer community is just outstanding.

Still I might even pop for the current 360 simply because the size, orientation options and all make living with the eink display worth it for a smaller form factor reader. Then gain I have my eye on a new lens and camera body so???
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The 360 looks great, love the UI. I really like how they developed it with the input of users.

Andrey mentioned it being available through a US partner this month, anyone seen anything more about that?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #11
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
The price $300 and $400 sounds overpriced... . The right price is $200 and $300
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:33 AM   #12
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Pictures

The website is in Ukranian? Or maybe Russian?

But it has pictures of the Pocketbook 360 http://http://pocketbook.com.ua/index.php?id=339

I would interesting in this device the ergnomics are good though I have to agree the price is a tad high, but hey ideally we want it for free!

Another thread on the Pocketbook: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&highlight=360

Amy

Last edited by sassanik; 09-07-2009 at 01:53 AM.
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:49 AM   #13
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Devices with accelerometers - do they need to be turned off when not in use to preserve battery life?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:02 AM   #14
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
The 360 has definite EB1150 ergodynamic vibe to it, which is a big +. Very interesting products!

I hop we learn more about the 8" reader too.

Thanx Charbax!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:25 AM   #15
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
The website is in Ukranian? Or maybe Russian?

But it has pictures of the Pocketbook 360 http://http://pocketbook.com.ua/index.php?id=339
The .ua domain is a ukranian one so its probably that.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocketbook