Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Device Do You Have?
Sony 500 76 11.45%
Sony 505 285 42.92%
Sony 700 33 4.97%
Bookeen Cybook Gen 3 101 15.21%
Irex Digital Reader 16 2.41%
Irex Iliad 42 6.33%
Jinke/Hanlin 37 5.57%
Ganaza GeR2 2 0.30%
Soribook 0 0%
Readius 0 0%
Hanwang N510 or 516 1 0.15%
Starebook 1 0.15%
Amazon Kindle 102 15.36%
Ebookwise 1150 52 7.83%
Dr. Yi M218 1 0.15%
JetBook 6 0.90%
Plastic Logic 0 0%
Franklin eBookMan 9 1.36%
Rocket eBook 11 1.66%
REB1100 14 2.11%
REB 1200 7 1.05%
Softbook Reader 1 0.15%
Sony Librie 4 0.60%
iphone / ipod / pda 180 27.11%
I'm waiting for the Kindle 2, Kindle 1 is too ugly, etc, etc 12 1.81%
Nokia web tablets N770/800/810 or similar 25 3.77%
I still haven't decided, I"m so frackin' confused. 13 1.96%
They haven't made the one I want 18 2.71%
I read on my computer 74 11.14%
psp or other game console 24 3.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 664. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #31
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm going out on a limb and guessing they are both Hanwang devices (which i've never actually heard of before) so anybody with either of them can vote for that one.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #32
kesey
Enthusiast
kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Though still very early, apparently the sony 505 is a very popular device.

Now, just to throw a wrench into the works, in which countries can you purchase a Sony from, either a walk-in store, or by internet? Besides the US.
You can buy the Sony 505 in Ireland from either Waterstone or a Sony store.
kesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #33
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
You forgot text-to-speech ebook readers like the VR Stream, BookPort and BookCourier. I think I might be the only one on the forum with one of these, so it's probably not worth adding.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #34
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm going out on a limb and guessing they are both Hanwang devices (which i've never actually heard of before) so anybody with either of them can vote for that one.
From the MobileRead Wiki

"Hanwang N510..A Chinese reader that uses a 5" E-Ink screen with the same number of pixels as the current 5" screens which increases ppi to 200"

So, its already there.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #35
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedale View Post
Thanks, you thought of me.... *sighs*

Zelda, you can add the N516 for the poll, the new version of the N510.... yeah I'm sure there will be something more to add in this poll

Its there, under "Hanwang"
Advert
Old 02-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #36
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook STR
Quote:
Its there, under "Hanwang"
It says "Hanwang N510", but I guess you're right, plus I'm not sure there's a lot of people around with this device anyway
Dedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:27 PM   #37
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
It says "Hanwang N510", but I guess you're right, plus I'm not sure there's a lot of people around with this device anyway
Could a Mod add "or 516" to Hanwang N510? Thank you.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #38
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
okay okay ! sheesh.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #39
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Thank you!
Old 02-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #40
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

This should really be a world wide poll.

May I ask my German and French speaking friends to let the German and French forums know?

Thank you.

DG
Old 02-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #41
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook STR
Quote:
This should really be a world wide poll.

May I ask my German and French speaking friends to let the German and French forums know?

Thank you.

DG
Done for the French one : here.

I don't speak German and I don't think a Google translation will be the best so...
Dedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #42
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Done for the French one : here.

I don't speak German and I don't think a Google translation will be the best so...
Thank you Dedale. I"m sure someone will pick it up.....
Old 02-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #43
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
You're missing "It's going to be ordered in the morning" *Laugh*
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:23 AM   #44
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I like the poll.
I would be curious to see the results.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:46 AM   #45
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You should add "Symbian Phone or Blackberry" - those are also Mobipocket platforms.

Quote:
Okay, most of us list which device we have under our avatar. With so many new members, I thought it would be interesting to see, in one poll, whats out there.

Let me stress, this is not a popularity contest. (Are you listening, Ravenne? )

I will make it so that you can choose more than one, and try to list all makes including those that are no longer being made.

Info gotten from our own Wiki........lets see how I do on this one.

Wait for the poll......
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote