Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 11:48 AM   #136
dskag
Enthusiast
dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dskag View Post
I ran mobi2mobi.exe from the command prompt. I get and whole string of facts that looks like the program worked (no error notices). But, where do I find the new changed .mobi file? Can't seem to locate it. Thanks.
Thanks, tompe. Got it to work.
dskag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #137
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
GUI to work with .azw files

Hi Jad,

I'm sure I missed a post about this but since mobi2mobi works on .azw (even DRM'd) files, can this GUI be revised to work with them? Right now it only recognizes .mobi and .prc files.

Thanks.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #138
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
v0.15 Released

To address the requirement that daffy4u raised, the GUI has been updated to accept .azw as a valid source file extension to support Amazon Kindle files. This is a really simple mod so I won't be updating the GPL release of the source code.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v015.zip (16.2 KB, 499 views)
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #139
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
To address the requirement that daffy4u raised, the GUI has been updated to accept .azw as a valid source file extension to support Amazon Kindle files. This is a really simple mod so I won't be updating the GPL release of the source code.
Yay! Thank you!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:45 PM   #140
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

I just tried it with XP and had very good success. The only things I noticed is that even though I tried to name each of the book titles with an XP in front, the XP was left off and the normal title came through. I've been able to make changes like that in Vista with the previous version.

Also, even those this books were downloaded from Amazon as DRM'd .azw files, they were renamed with the .mobi extension. All books opened just fine.

Here are some pics. I'm off to try Vista next.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 xp m2m gui test before.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	17809   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 xp gui screen.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	17810   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 xp m2m gui test after.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	17811  
Advert
Old 11-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #141
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Any fields that you modify within the GUI requires you to tick the modified tickbox. This flags those entries as requiring updating during the convert process. The GUI will always output files with a .mobi extension as technically this is what they now are.

Glad it all appears to be working for you.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #142
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Any fields that you modify within the GUI requires you to tick the modified tickbox. This flags those entries as requiring updating during the convert process. The GUI will always output files with a .mobi extension as technically this is what they now are.

Glad it all appears to be working for you.
I did check the box but nothing happens in Vista either (see images 2 and 3).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1 vista m2m gui test before.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	17812   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 vista gui.JPG
Views:	426
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	17813   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 vista gui.JPG
Views:	458
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	17814   Click image for larger version

Name:	4 vista m2m gui test after.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	17815  
Old 11-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #143
Jad
Groupie

Hmm. Looking at the 2 screenshots it looks like the ticked changes worked fine. The output filename you specified and the book title all look fine. After a convert the GUI opens the converted .mobi file to repopulate the fields to confirm your modifications were successful.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #144
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Hmm. Looking at the 2 screenshots it looks like the ticked changes worked fine. The output filename you specified and the book title all look fine. After a convert the GUI opens the converted .mobi file to repopulate the fields to confirm your modifications were successful.
I don't know. I even tried changing the extension from .mobi to .azw with no luck.

I just tried taking the .mobi file from v.15 and running it through v.14 to see if the title would change and still no luck.

Quote:
C:\Users\XXXX\Desktop\Downloads\Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v014 >"C:\Python26\Tools\Scripts\mobi2mobi.exe" "C:\Users\XXXX\Desktop\test\Vista2_My Vampire Cat or Whatever.mobi"
Database Name: My Vampire Cat, or Whatever
Version: 0
Type: BOOK
Creator: MOBI
Seed: 0
Resdb:
AppInfoDirty:
ctime: -1968466898 - Sun Jan 0 00:00:00 1900
mtime: -1968466898 - Sun Jan 0 00:00:00 1900
baktime: -2082844800 - Sun Jan 0 00:00:00 1900
---------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------
START IMAGE INDEX: 12
COVER IMAGE INDEX: 0
PDHEADER Version: 2
PDHEADER Length: 21434
PDHEADER NRecords: 11
PDHEADER Recsize: 2048
PDHEADER Unknown: 158266
MOBIHEADER ciflg: 65535
MOBIHEADER ciptr: 65535
MOBIHEADER doctype: MOBI
MOBIHEADER length: 208
MOBIHEADER booktype: 2 - BOOK
MOBIHEADER codep: 1252
MOBIHEADER uniqid: 3776101978
MOBIHEADER ver: 4
MOBIHEADER exthflg: 64
MOBIHEADER language: 9 - 9 - 0 - ENGLISH -
COVEROFFSET: -1
THUMBOFFSET: -1
EXTH doctype: EXTH
EXTH length: 184
EXTH n_items: 10
EXTH item: 1 - drm_server_id - 9 - EBOOKBASE
EXTH item: 2 - drm_commerce_id - 11 - AMAZON_1110
EXTH item: 3 - drm_ebookbase_book_id - 5 - 10491
EXTH item: 100 - Author - 17 - Payne, Michael H.
EXTH item: 113 - ASIN - 10 - B000FBJ3ZW
EXTH item: 401 - ClippingLimit - 1 - 0xa
EXTH item: 403 - 403 - 1 - 0x0
EXTH item: 503 - UpdatedTitle - 27 - My Vampire Cat, or Whatever
EXTH item: 116 - StartReading - 4 -
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1 v14.JPG
Views:	436
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	17816  
Old 11-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #145
Jad
Groupie

Ok the output file is created with the new name but the actual book title is not being updated and is staying the same within the converted .mobi file.

Which version of Mobi2Mobi are you using?

Have you tried doing the change purely at a command line level to see if the problem persists? The GUI is just a fancy batch file builder and the issue you are having maybe in Mobi2Mobi itself. If the mods you are making work at a command line level then its my GUI causing the problem.

Sorry I don't have any non/drm'd .azw files to test with.

Can you please test at the command line level to help narrow down where the problem is?

Cheers
Old 11-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #146
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Ok the output file is created with the new name but the actual book title is not being updated and is staying the same within the converted .mobi file.

Which version of Mobi2Mobi are you using?

Have you tried doing the change purely at a command line level to see if the problem persists? The GUI is just a fancy batch file builder and the issue you are having maybe in Mobi2Mobi itself. If the mods you are making work at a command line level then its my GUI causing the problem.

Sorry I don't have any non/drm'd .azw files to test with.

Can you please test at the command line level to help narrow down where the problem is?

Cheers
I'm using 0.0.40.

I just finished the command line version and it doesn't seem to be working either. The file name changes but the book title doesn't.

I've been working on a Kindle Visual guide using a DRM'd file from BooksonBoard which has worked no matter what I've thrown at it (even after Kindlfixing into a .azw file from .prc). This Amazon version is kicking my butt.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	command line.JPG
Views:	470
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	17817  
Old 11-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #147
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
The file name changes but the book title doesn't.
On the Kindle there have been reports that the "updatedtitle" will over-ride the longtitle (from --title), and that if this already exists you may need:
Code:
mobi2mobi --outfile [output filename] --exthtype updatedtitle --exthdata "[Corrected Title]" [original AZW/MOBI filename]
See Change book title to remove typos and extraneous info?.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:01 PM   #148
Jad
Groupie

Allrighty... If its not working at a command line level then its a Mobi2Mobi issue. You'll need to post this over in the Mobiperl thread and see if tompe can sort out what is going on with the book title not updating correctly. Sorry I can't be of further help.

Hopefully tompe can fix this for you.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #149
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
On the Kindle there have been reports that the "updatedtitle" will over-ride the longtitle (from --title), and that if this already exists you may need:
Code:
mobi2mobi --outfile [output filename] --exthtype updatedtitle --exthdata "[Corrected Title]" [original AZW/MOBI filename]
See Change book title to remove typos and extraneous info?.
So I guess this is info that I should place in the "exth data" box of the GUI> I'm going to give it a try.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #150
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Allrighty... If its not working at a command line level then its a Mobi2Mobi issue. You'll need to post this over in the Mobiperl thread and see if tompe can sort out what is going on with the book title not updating correctly. Sorry I can't be of further help.

Hopefully tompe can fix this for you.
Thank Jad. I appreciate you making the update at my request and being patient enough to walk me through it. If Wallcraft's suggestion doesn't work, I post in the mobiperl thread.

Thanks again.

Tags
mobi2mobi