Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-31-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
pwright2
Connoisseur
pwright2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Portable 0.8.33 won't add html

I'm new to Calibre. I have a Kindle Touch and am just creating simple 'books' containing URLs for web browsing. I'm running portable versions of Calibre under Windows 7.

I was using 0.8.16 and it opened an html file and converted it to a Kindle book just fine. Then I noted that it was telling me there was an update. So I loaded the portable 0.8.33. But when I used Add, it would not show me the html files. Luckily (without my noticing) .33 had installed to a different folder, so I still have .16 to verify that I'm not crazy.

When I click add in .16, it shows maybe 18 formats, including several flavors of html. When I click add in .33, it only offers about 6 formats, not including any form of html.

What happened?

-----Paul-----
pwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I just 0.8.33 on windows 7 and it shows the same set of file types as always. And note that you can use the dropdown at the bottom of the dialog to select All files to add *any* kind of file, not just known ebook files.

You can also drag and drop files onto calibre to add them.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
pwright2
Connoisseur
pwright2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
And I just tried it again ... and it now has the same long list that .16 had. Maybe it needed a reboot after install. I dunno. But it seems OK now.

Thanks/sorry for the trouble.

-----Paul-----
pwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
html, portable, problem, versions