Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-02-2017, 03:58 AM   #1
fetito666
Enthusiast
fetito666 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd
Question Kindle: How do I extract highlights of MBS1-files?

Hello!

1) My old Kindle Paperwhite got stolen and now I have a new one.

2) The books have been synchronized, but not the "MyClippings.txt". Those are not books bought on Amazon. I sent them via Calibre to the Kindle email.

3) However, the book got downloaded from the Amazon cloud and even all highlights appear again on my Kindle (but the hightlights do NOT appear in myclippings.txt).

4) How do I extract those highlights (which are *not* in MyClippings.txt? Can I extract them from the MBP1-files?)

5) Calibre does not show any highlights when I open the book manually.

6) To put all in a nutshell: How do I extract my highlights from a MBP1-file?

Thank you!
fetito666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 04:12 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Calibre knows nothing about the auxiliary files associated with a Kindle book, and can do nothing with them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 04:17 AM   #3
fetito666
Enthusiast

So there is no plugin that could reconstruct my highlights?
Old 07-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Not that I'm aware of. But you'd be far better off asking in the Kindle forum. This really has nothing to do with Calibre.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:44 PM   #5
fetito666
Enthusiast

Thank you!