Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 04-20-2010, 02:26 AM   #1
atm74
atm74 began at the beginning.

Device: none
eReader file help

I've recently purchased a nokia 5230 and i'm greatly dismayed that it does not run mobipocket which I love using when I still had my nokia 7710. I came across eReader and installed it. I have few questions and I would be so grateful if someone could help me.

1) How do I convert mobipocket files to pdb?
2) How do I convert pdf to pdb?
3) Where do I install such files in my memory card? Should I create a folder mydocument\ebooks?
4) Does anyone know have a working mobipocket reader for Nokia 5230?

Thank you very much. Forgive me if I posted in the wrong thread. I don't know where to post it. Again, thank you very much in advance.
atm74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Since you are not likely to get the help you want in a forum about a reader that doesn't support either format I moved it to a forum more likely to be able to help you.

There is a program and forum here called Calibre. It can be used to convert the files so long as there is no DRM involved. There are a few other tools as well. Also check our wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
atm74
atm74 began at the beginning.

Device: none
thank you very much sir.
atm74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
karenv
karenv began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Reader, iPhone
Dale, would that be a way (Calibre) for me to get the books I bought at eReader.com into my new Kobo Reader? BYW, I'm a bit of a techno-wienie with a Mac.
karenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenv View Post
Dale, would that be a way (Calibre) for me to get the books I bought at eReader.com into my new Kobo Reader? BYW, I'm a bit of a techno-wienie with a Mac.
Calibre will work, so long as no DRM is involved.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:06 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Hello Kathleen ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #7
tamole
tamole has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Droid X
ePub conversion to Android eReader

Has anyone had any success converting ePub to the .pdb format for Android? The Calibre conversion that worked so well for the Palm version, doesn't for the new Android app beta version. The problem seems to lie in either the metadata or chapters. The converted ebook shows the metadata, but no book. I've tried unchecking the "insert metadata at the start of the book" box and all the various TOC options to no avail. I also tried using the Amber ePub converter and the results are very buggy.

I know there are ePub readers for Android, but the eReader.com app offers autoscroll which is a must have for me. The ereaders for Android that have a version of autoscroll don't work very well. I also tried eReader's Make Book app, but even those conversion don't work. Sadly, eReader.com, now owned by Barnes and Noble, doesn't offer many bestsellers or the authors I read the most. Any help would be most appreciated.
tamole is offline   Reply With Quote