Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #16
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I miss his posts because they are entertaining. I can find freebies in other ways, but there is only one ATDrake and his absence here leaves a hole. I really hope his break was not due to feeling we pressured him to produce the freebies. I just enjoyed and appreciated his posts regardless of whether they were for free books or not.
I agree! ATDrake, as much as anyone, was responsible for me becoming addicted to MobileRead. I certainly appreciated the incredible amounts of time required to point me to a lot of free books (hopefully) worth reading. I also appreciated the insightful comments about the inner workings of the ebook industry, the familiarity with authors that I wasn't familiar with, and the expressed attitude that we should all try to 'give back' to authors/publishers that give us freebies.
Wherever you are, ATDrake, Thanks! Whatever you're doing, best wishes for success!

KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #17
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentE View Post
I agree! ATDrake, as much as anyone, was responsible for me becoming addicted to MobileRead. I certainly appreciated the incredible amounts of time required to point me to a lot of free books (hopefully) worth reading. I also appreciated the insightful comments about the inner workings of the ebook industry, the familiarity with authors that I wasn't familiar with, and the expressed attitude that we should all try to 'give back' to authors/publishers that give us freebies.
Wherever you are, ATDrake, Thanks! Whatever you're doing, best wishes for success!

KentE
This ^^^ was dead on and I couldn't agree more with all of it. He also went out of his way on many occasions to help me out. He always did so with kindess and patience and I sincerely appreciated that. I too send best wishes for his success and much happiness as well.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #18
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
+1 on the above. Miss him.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #19
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I really hope his break was not due to feeling we pressured him to produce the freebies.
I have to disagree. There are several very good reasons to take a break like this, and they all involve the world outside the internet, and very bad things going on in that world.

I would much rather see him take a break because we were too demanding, than because the off-line world left him no choice, and did it in a very bad way.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
We non-Kindle folks would like to see ATDrake come back on the scene with his numerous free ebook notices.
AT, Hope you see this!

Since you are back, I thought I would bump this thread in the hopes that you will see you were missed during your absence.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #21
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Plus one! Nice to see you back.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:44 AM   #22
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
plus two - great to have ya back where you belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
Plus one! Nice to see you back.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote