Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-30-2023, 06:59 AM   #1
WurstH
WurstH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WurstH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WurstH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WurstH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WurstH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WurstH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WurstH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WurstH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WurstH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WurstH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WurstH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boy.Ares Note
Red face Instructions for Rooting the Likebook Ares Note on 8.1

Hey there,

I need some help rooting the Ares, I am just not capable doing so

Please, can someone sent accurate instructions how to root that the device?
Here are some, but I can get them to work proper.

For me, I cant bring a device to the internet if I configure it with some SU apps like xPrivacy.

I would a lot for help

Greetings
WurstH
WurstH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 05:05 PM   #2
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
If you could find the version 6 image and flash it with Android Tool you could modify the system partition and make it work (maybe. That's what is said in other threads). I unfortunately can't find it. But I remember flashing it to downgrade the version a couple of years ago.

I tried to modify the boot.img manually and with Magisk without luck since the chip is not supported. It is clearly stated in the Magisk GitHub issues. Apparently the boot process is a bit different.

The Ares is an "old" device I keep always handy. It was my first ereader since 2013 and I still like how it looks with KOReader of course . Since then I have had a few other devices but I still read on it.

Sent from my 22081212UG using Tapatalk

Last edited by jospalau; 10-30-2023 at 05:08 PM.
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote