Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
jgumphress
Connoisseur
jgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Creat your own document.

I'm new to Kindle and sorry if this has been mentioned before.

I use my Kindle DX for church use and keep a lot of notes. I wanted a way to keep these notes on my Kindle for easy access at Church. So I opened my Kindle files on my PC, went to My Clippings, right click on the file, select copy, moved to an open area, right clicked and paste. Then I renamed the file copy as "Notes". I can enter any text there and it is listed on the my Kindle home screen as "Notes".

I can't make changes to the Note file from the Kindle but that is OK for me because I clean up my notes later at home on my PC anyway.
jgumphress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Cool. Did you have to place that textile in any particular folder or directory on the Kindle? Does it have to have ".txt" as its extension?
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
The-eBook-Reader
Groupie
The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: All
I stumbled across this site awhile ago that has a download for a notepad that you can use to create and save notes. The notes get added to the My Clippings file in .TXT form for transferring.

http://www.edukindle.com/downloads/
The-eBook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
I haven't tried this is a while but:
put any file containing text and named xxx.txt (where "xxx" is whatever you want) will work.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #5
jgumphress
Connoisseur
jgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
Cool. Did you have to place that textile in any particular folder or directory on the Kindle? Does it have to have ".txt" as its extension?
Just add it in the same "Documents" folder with "My Clippings" and all the other books.

Thanks for your question.
jgumphress is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
I haven't tried this is a while but:
put any file containing text and named xxx.txt (where "xxx" is whatever you want) will work.
And you can even rename an html file to *.txt and the Kindle will read it as an html file and display the formatting. Just in case you want to add some formatting to your notes.