Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-01-2017, 04:42 AM   #1
kazzyj
kazzyj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smile Using Calibre NOT for ebooks - e.g. Embroidery Patterns

Calibre is such a fantastic tool for managing and categorising eBooks, I was wondering if anyone has done any development - plugin or whatever to make Calibre useful to manage\categorise files other than eBooks.

I would love to use Calibre to manage my Embroidery Sewing Machine files.

Calibre would be an idea application to manage the many thousands of files I have, except it is missing some functionality to make it practical.

I don't have the skills to do this, so I really don't have any idea if what I would love to have Calibre do is even possible.... Or how difficult it would be if it is possible.

Basically if instead of a book cover, I would love to see a preview of the file. I could add more features I'd love, but the preview would be the thing that made using Calibre for these files practical.

So if someone has done any development for Calibre - not for Ebooks - what sort of files is it for?
I'm really just posting this, so that of someone out there is thinking of doing something like this - I would love to know about it.
kazzyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:33 AM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=277104

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2017, 07:38 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Moved post out of the Development forum. Please read the sticky post at the top of the Development forum before posting again in that forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:49 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
My wife uses BuzzExplorer (not free) https://www.buzztools.com/

There is also a conversion package to allow you to use differnt brands of machines
just what calibre does for ebooks
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@kazzyj - DivingDuck keeps patterns in calibre, using DaltonST's MFI plugin (I think). I embroidered the thread title to attract his attention

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert