Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Library Path Info

Does anyone know how to get the library path to show up anywhere static in the GUI?

I am thinking up at the top left corner of the screen where the name of the library as well as "Calibre" is listed, or in the bottom where the version and book count is listed.

I am not sure if this is a tweak or a look and feel thing, or if it is an enhancement request.

Not quite an existential problem, but I have libraries over three user profiles and sometimes I am not quite sure where I am.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:13 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Not quite an existential problem, but I have libraries over three user profiles and sometimes I am not quite sure where I am.
I'm not sure what you want exists, but until then you can always hover your mouse over the Click to open link next to Path in the book details section, see attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	path.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	160034  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-16-2017 at 12:17 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:51 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
O (for open), will open the books location

Windows puts the Library name in the Titlebar of the window (just the main folder, not the path)

Quick switch list: The current Library WILL NOT be on the list
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:26 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Windows puts the Library name in the Titlebar of the window (just the main folder, not the path)
It will if you tick the box, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	160038

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:02 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I have that box ticked and I don't see the path in the title bar of my Windows 10 machine. See attachment in my post above.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:49 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

Attachment 160038

BR
I was referring to the Calibre Window titlebar
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:14 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I have that box ticked and I don't see the path in the title bar of my Windows 10 machine. See attachment in my post above.
Quote:
I was referring to the Calibre Window titlebar
I misunderstood, I assumed you were referring to the window that opens when you press 'O'.

Quote:
O (for open), will open the books location

The library name in the Calibre book list window title bar (as shown in DoctorOhh's post) is put there by Calibre. Whereas the one you see in the File Manager window title bar (after pressing 'O') is put there by Windows. The setting I referenced determines whether or not the full path is shown in the File Manager window - and its default value is unchecked.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:05 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
The library name in the Calibre book list window title bar (as shown in DoctorOhh's post) is put there by Calibre. Whereas the one you see in the File Manager window title bar (after pressing 'O') is put there by Windows. The setting I referenced determines whether or not the full path is shown in the File Manager window - and its default value is unchecked.
Thanks for the clarification, I thought I was missing something basic. The OP was looking to display this info within the calibre GUI, hence our responses.