Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-16-2015, 11:13 AM   #826
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown13 View Post
Using the latest test version I am experiencing problems downloading multi-chapter stories from https://www.literotica.com.
New test version posted (direct link).

2015-12-15

- New site mcstories.com. Thanks user39189!. Fair warning: mcstories.com is titled "The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive".
- Fix for literotica.com. Thanks again to davidfor for figuring out the problem.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #827
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I don't suppose that it would be possible to add a way to add the links from either "favorites" or "follow" on the Fanfiction.net site?

The ones that are shown in the "Alert" section.
You mean collect the story links from your own 'favorites' and 'follows' lists?

That would be quite difficult. Those pages are behind the ffnet login which uses a captcha on login.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:12 PM   #828
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Ok, it was just a thought.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #829
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version (direct link).

2015-12-15 2nd

- New centeredcat_to_characters pairingcat_to_characters_ships and romancecat_to_characters_ships features for tthfanfic.org.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
TtH's category level system is inconsistent.
I might be convinced to add code to the TtH adapter to use '*-Centered' and 'Pairing: *' to populate characters and ships instead of category. Does anyone see a problem with that?
As per @edeniz's request, I've added some code to the tthfanfic.org adapter to handle '*-Centered' and 'Pairing: *' categories different. As a bonus, there's also code for 'Romance' category pairings. There are important assumptions made that might prove to be wrong, but I haven't seen any counter examples yet.

You do have to turn them on for now (I may default them to on later):

Code:
[www.tthfanfic.org]
centeredcat_to_characters:true
pairingcat_to_characters_ships:true
romancecat_to_characters_ships:true
If centeredcat_to_characters:true, categories '*-Centered' will be left out of category and instead be added to characters (with '-Centered' removed).

If pairingcat_to_characters_ships:true, categories 'Pairing: *' will be left out of category and instead be added to characters (with 'Pairing: ' removed) and '(CenteredChar)/(PairingChar)' will be added to ships. Assumed: 'Pairing: *' only appears after '*-Centered'.

If romancecat_to_characters_ships:true, categories after 'Romance' will be left out of category and instead will be added to ships and split by '/' and added each part added to characters. Assumed: Categories after 'Romance' are 'CharA/CharB' ships.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:08 PM   #830
ThatLibraryRat
ThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Frontlite Muse
Hello,

could anyone tell me how to disable the weird page numbers that are encrusted on the right side of the text?
Not only my kobo can put them at the bottom of the page, but they are ON the text and make it difficult to read the last four letter of the line they're on. And playing with the size of the text or the margins doesn't work. I'm totally confused.
I didn't find the option in the parameter or the solution in the thread using the search engine.

Please, help the lost dummy?
ThatLibraryRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:09 PM   #831
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Are you sure it's not a setting in your Kobo?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:14 PM   #832
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

That's my guess as well. Or maybe something you've done processing your ebooks. FanFicFare never adds page numbers of any kind.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:15 PM   #833
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatLibraryRat View Post
Hello,

could anyone tell me how to disable the weird page numbers that are encrusted on the right side of the text?
Not only my kobo can put them at the bottom of the page, but they are ON the text and make it difficult to read the last four letter of the line they're on. And playing with the size of the text or the margins doesn't work. I'm totally confused.
I didn't find the option in the parameter or the solution in the thread using the search engine.

Please, help the lost dummy?
This is a Kobo setting. Go to Reading settings, and uncheck "Show Adobe EPUB page numbers"
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:08 PM   #834
edeniz
Zealot
edeniz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Tolino Shine, Samsung Galaxy S3
I've used the new test version on several tth links. Some worked well, some not quite.

Examples:
links tth for *.-Centered:
http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-25625
Works perfectly well.

http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-30307[1-3]
Moving to characters list works well, align does not.

for "Romance" and ship:
http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-29819

Also works perfectly well as far as that is concerned. The slash conditional for "Romance" hits a bit of a stumbling block because of the slash in the "Action/Adventure" tag--as in, this story is not listed under "romance", but fanficfare adds it to the genre list anyway--, but that's to be expected I suppose. There's a problem with the previous align thing though: "text-align: center" is added to the output_css for .center, but the center span does not work, the align attribute gets disregarded and we get additional text "cente" right next to the part that was supposed to be centered. That's the case even with the new "keep_html_attrs" disabled. It's strange, though, because that hasn't been the case with AO3 links since the test version this new feature was introduced. Am I overlooking the obvious again?

Second link for "Romance" and ship:
Works perfectly well (aside from the previous mentioned align). Pairing is moved to ship list, Romance added to genre.

Should I attach the downloaded epubs in question for comparison?

(Again, thank you very much for adding this feature.)
edeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 05:48 PM   #835
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeniz View Post
http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-30307[1-3]
Moving to characters list works well, align does not.
The changes for centeredcat_to_characters, pairingcat_to_characters_ships and
romancecat_to_characters_ships are completely unrelated to anything to do with alignment.

That story doesn't use align, it uses style. Use keep_style_attr or add_to_keep_html_attrs:,style.

Which isn't going to solve all your problems because the source for that story is using <span> with a style with text-align:center, which is a bit odd and also requires an addition to CSS:
Code:
span.center {
    display: block;
    text-align: center;
}
Using a span with display: block like that is poor tag choice and arguably incorrect usage by the author.

Quote:
I don't see what you've talking about for this one and Romance. It's Romance > Cordelia/Xander and processing as I expected.

You're making a wrong assumption about Action/Adventure -- I'm not looking for '/' for ships, just what ever comes after Romance. And none of the examples URLs you posted have it...
Old 12-18-2015, 03:18 PM   #836
edeniz
Zealot

Quote:
The changes for centeredcat_to_characters, pairingcat_to_characters_ships and
romancecat_to_characters_ships are completely unrelated to anything to do with alignment.

That story doesn't use align, it uses style. Use keep_style_attr or add_to_keep_html_attrs:,style.

Using a span with display: block like that is poor tag choice and arguably incorrect usage by the author.
Well, ok. I didn't imagine it had anything to do with cat_to_. It just seemed odd to me that the word "cente" (not even "center") was added there to the text. If it had simply been a case of refusing to align, I would not even have noticed it, let alone paid it any mind. As it was, I thought it can't hurt to let you know about it. Ultimately, it's an unimportant detail as long as it is because of a thing like that and not something that can have an effect on the usual efficiency of fanficfare, so it's negligible. That's what calibre's ebook editing features are for. And it's not like there are all that many fics with image on tth, as far as I've seen.

Quote:
I don't see what you've talking about for this one and Romance. It's Romance > Cordelia/Xander and processing as I expected.
I posted a wrong link. My mistake.

Quote:
You're making a wrong assumption about Action/Adventure -- I'm not looking for '/' for ships, just what ever comes after Romance. And none of the examples URLs you posted have it...
Ok, fair enough. I expressed myself clumsily. Sorry about that. What I meant can be seen in the epub I attached (of this link: http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-30307[1-3]

This part:
Spoiler:
[CODE
]Category: Action/Adventure, BtVS, Cast: Scooby Gang
Genre: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Horror, Humor, Romance[/CODE]

Where is the "Romance" tag coming from here? That's what confused me and led me to that false assumption. Otherwise, as I said, everything is working perfectly fine, and I'm flailingly happy about i.

Thank you for your efforts and your patience with me.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:59 PM   #837
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Well, ok. I didn't imagine it had anything to do with cat_to_. It just seemed odd to me that the word "cente" (not even "center") was added there to the text. If it had simply been a case of refusing to align, I would not even have noticed it, let alone paid it any mind. As it was, I thought it can't hurt to let you know about it. Ultimately, it's an unimportant detail as long as it is because of a thing like that and not something that can have an effect on the usual efficiency of fanficfare, so it's negligible. That's what calibre's ebook editing features are for. And it's not like there are all that many fics with image on tth, as far as I've seen.
I seem to have skipped the sentence about "cente" appearing when I read it--sorry about that. And I didn't see it because, again, replace_br_with_p.

It looks like replace_br_with_p is converting an HTML comment "<!--center-->" to just "cente". I will remove the code in replace_br_with_p that includes HTML comments and that makes "cente" goes away, but I can't promise it won't cause other problems.

Quote:
http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-30307

Where is the "Romance" tag coming from here? That's what confused me and led me to that false assumption. Otherwise, as I said, everything is working perfectly fine, and I'm flailingly happy about i.
Go look at the author page, scroll down to that story, and mouse over the 'heart' icon on the right side. That's where 'Romance' came from. Action, Comedy, and Horror also come from icons. I assume yours has Action/Adventure and Crossover due to replace_metadata.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:28 PM   #838
edeniz
Zealot

Quote:
I will remove the code in replace_br_with_p that includes HTML comments and that makes "cente" goes away, but I can't promise it won't cause other problems.
Oh dear me, no need to do that. Not if there's potential for it causing other problems. After all, this really is negligibly minor.

Quote:
Go look at the author page, scroll down to that story, and mouse over the 'heart' icon on the right side. That's where 'Romance' came from. Action, Comedy, and Horror also come from icons. I assume yours has Action/Adventure and Crossover due to replace_metadata.
How did I overlook that? *sigh*

Guess we can consider it a case closed.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:59 PM   #839
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version (direct link)

2015-12-18

- Default new centeredcat_to_characters pairingcat_to_characters_ships and romancecat_to_characters_ships features for tthfanfic.org to 'true'.
- Remove HTML comments when using replace_br_with_p.

Quote:
Oh dear me, no need to do that. Not if there's potential for it causing other problems. After all, this really is negligibly minor.
It shouldn't be that bad. In theory, removing comments shouldn't hurt anything, but replace_br_with_p is a bunch of heuristics for handling poor HTML that somebody else wrote and I don't understand.

So I would appreciate it if users who do regularly use replace_br_with_p will try this version and let me know their results.

Thanks.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:29 PM   #840
edeniz
Zealot

Quote:
It shouldn't be that bad. In theory, removing comments shouldn't hurt anything, but replace_br_with_p is a bunch of heuristics for handling poor HTML that somebody else wrote and I don't understand.

So I would appreciate it if users who do regularly use replace_br_with_p will try this version and let me know their results.

Thanks.
In that case I can only say,

And since I for one use replace_br all the time, I'll certainly say something if I notice anything.

Tags
fanfiction