Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-22-2017, 09:56 AM   #121
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by aklenatlus View Post
Creating the folders fonts/freefonts within the koreader directory did the trick!!
Thank you so much!
Yes, it worked for me, as well. Now I wonder if I can just add the subfolders to the empty "data" folder, and get my custom dictionaries? Yes, that works as well. So KOReader version 848, will accept adding a fonts directory and populating its existing, but empty, data directory. I am not sure about the newer versions, the signing process for those builds was worked on, and may be why they are not installing on my Galaxy 7 updated to Android 7.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:05 AM   #122
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Incompatible keys means programs won't install over each other, but removing and then installing should work.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2017, 10:12 AM   #123
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Incompatible keys means programs won't install over each other, but removing and then installing should work.
That's how I do Android "updates", I remove the old one, before installing the new. Still I may have missed something of the old, or the OS might have. I'll give it another look and try one of the new 900 versions.

Luck;
Ken
Old 05-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #124
yac
yac began at the beginning.

Device: KO2
Hi there. Nobody has problems with the latest nightly build (#1023)? I won't start on my inkbook obsidian (a boyue t63 variant). I verified the same problem occurs on my mobile, so that's rather not inkbook/boyue specific problem. The previous build (#894) is working fine on both.

BTW, I only recently discovered this android version working on my inkbook. Maybe not the best choice for epubs, because they open rather slow and I don't seem to be able to change the font without dropping embedded styles altogether. But Koreader's pdf support is really outstanding, better than anything I saw on inkbook, or pocketbook for that matter. So many thanks to the devs
yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:05 PM   #125
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Hi

How does Kreader runs on Onyx Kepler Pro? Is it stable?
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2017, 05:16 AM   #126
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In general KOReader on Android is still untrustworthy (let's call it alpha quality), although I understand it tends to be okay on (most?) Onyx devices.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:43 AM   #127
Saikamur
Saikamur began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML Carta 2
Crashing reading from SD

Hi,

KOReader is crashing everytime I try to open a book that is stored on the external SD card. File explorer seems to work fine, allowing me to navigate to the file and selecting it. Then it shows the message of "loading book" and then the app just closes itself.

Opening the same book from the internal memory works just fine.

I've been looking around and haven't found anyone reporting the same problem, so I don't know if it is a known issue of if it is just something with my phone/SO. Running in an Jiayu S3 with AICP 11 (Android 6.0.1).

Anyone having problems reading from the external SD?
Saikamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:57 PM   #128
Frenzie
Wizard

I wonder if it could have something to do with the new dynamic permissions?

See https://stackoverflow.com/a/37160573/2470572 and https://github.com/koreader/android-...fest.xml#L7-L8

You should be able to test if that's the problem by going into Settings → Apps to give KOReader the relevant permission.

Other than that it'd be helpful if you could open an issue on https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues
Old 09-08-2017, 07:05 PM   #129
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
In general KOReader on Android is still untrustworthy (let's call it alpha quality), although I understand it tends to be okay on (most?) Onyx devices.
Was able to install it on my Onyx Max running FW 1.8.2 and Android 4.0.4 without problem. However, it wouldn't open.

May try an earlier version of Koreader to see if that works. I had tried the v2015.11-1152-gabaa699 version.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:37 PM   #130
linshi
Enthusiast
linshi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
the same on mine max carta 1.8.2, android 4.04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Was able to install it on my Onyx Max running FW 1.8.2 and Android 4.0.4 without problem. However, it wouldn't open.
May try an earlier version of Koreader to see if that works. I had tried the v2015.11-1152-gabaa699 version.
linshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:17 AM   #131
linshi
Enthusiast
linshi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
my last working version is
koreader-android-arm-linux-androideabi-v2015.11-1051-gfef18ec.apk
linshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #132
Frenzie
Wizard

Starting from v2015.11-1254-g6275453 most Android issues should be fixed. That is, the build should be no worse than those from prior to April 16 and in some caes slightly better.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:08 PM   #133
Ken Maltby
Wizard

v1254 is working fine on my Galaxy S7 Active Android 7.0.

I guess the "Display mode" settings/options didn't make it to the android version yet, though.

Luck;
Ken
Old 09-27-2017, 06:55 PM   #134
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Starting from v2015.11-1254-g6275453 most Android issues should be fixed.
It is now working on my Onyx Max running FW 1.8.2 and Android 4.0.4. Many thanks.

Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:26 AM   #135
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Is there maybe a list of devices and/or Android versions it's known to run on?

I just tried with recent nightly builds (I tried a few) to run on my phone (Nexus 6p, 8.0). That didn't work - I think I hit this issue. But then I also tried on my old Hudl 2 tablet (5.1) and got pretty much the same results - launching leads to a blank screen and then nothing.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote