Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 01:47 PM   #16
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
Did you get the screensavers to work on KOA2 somehow? If so, which BIN file did you use?

Or is this on another device?
Yes, KOA2, kindle-linkss-0.25.N-r15011 from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
PM answered as well.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #17
bopuc
livin' with ebooks
bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Location: Berlin (DE), winters in Aomori (JP), from Montréal (CA)
Device: Libra2, KOA
So um…
KOA, 5.8.9
Jailbreak done (whatever, 2 years ago?), MRPI, Python, Kual, screensavers, Librarian etc all working.
Does this survive update to 5.9.6.1?
(And IIRC, if it does and I do it, I need to then go an reinstall all that MRPI etc stuff right?)

Amazing work btw. Amazing to see you all here still going at it all these years. Thank you!
bopuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2018, 05:51 PM   #18
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@bopuc: Same as usual. JB itself survives, you'll have to reinstall everything else besides KUAL extensions.

I'd start with updating the bridge (or the hotfix, same thing) first, if you haven't touched your JB in over two years, though .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:12 PM   #19
bopuc
livin' with ebooks
bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@bopuc: Same as usual. JB itself survives, you'll have to reinstall everything else besides KUAL extensions.

I'd start with updating the bridge (or the hotfix, same thing) first, if you haven't touched your JB in over two years, though .
Great. Many thanks for the confirmation.

I'm thinking of making a diagram—software hackitecture diagram heh—of the "stack". Am I missing anything? (see attachment)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at  8.10.47 PM.png
Views:	248
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	165087  
Old 07-19-2018, 05:43 AM   #20
bopuc
livin' with ebooks

Quote:

So, that didn't work. Installed the bridge/hotfix. Then installed FW 5.9.6.1 and… seems JB is disabled (no little text at bottom of screen on booting…) and trying to install update / bin packages fails… they disappear from the filesystem and "update your kindle" is greyed out.

Now what?
Advert
Old 07-19-2018, 08:47 AM   #21
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bopuc View Post
So, that didn't work. Installed the bridge/hotfix. Then installed FW 5.9.6.1 and… seems JB is disabled (no little text at bottom of screen on booting…) and trying to install update / bin packages fails… they disappear from the filesystem and "update your kindle" is greyed out.

Now what?
Use MrPI to install our packages.
If KUAL isn't working, then use the searchbar shortcut to run MrPI.

And please update your info box to display the correct Kindle model.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:56 AM   #22
bopuc
livin' with ebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Use MrPI to install our packages.
If KUAL isn't working, then use the searchbar shortcut to run MrPI.

And please update your info box to display the correct Kindle model.

That fixed everything up, thank you.
KUAL (booklet) hangs on launch now (have to restart device to get out), but otherwise seems everything else works.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:15 AM   #23
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@bopuc: You need the patched KUAL Booklet, c.f., the known issues section of the KUAL post.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:06 PM   #24
bopuc
livin' with ebooks

Quote:
@bopuc: You need the patched KUAL Booklet, c.f., the known issues section of the KUAL post.
Aaaand that fixes that. Many many many thanks!
What a wild ride. ;D

Old 08-23-2018, 10:27 AM   #25
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Jailbreak survives after fw 5.9.7!

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Yes, on the KOA2. I was just brave (or fool) enough to try it! I saw the "bridge" indication as the new firmware was loading.

Edit: Just reinstalled mr package installer. Seems to work as before!
It's ok also with 5.9.7 version! I have installed it right now

Stefano
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 06:32 PM   #26
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano.sb View Post
It's ok also with 5.9.7 version! I have installed it right now

Stefano
Yes, with 5.9.7, all works on my KOA2, including KOReader, as before!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:46 PM   #27
petrovich
Connoisseur
petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: none
I'm sorry for a stupid question, but does it mean I can install jailbreak over 5.9.7, or just that jailbroken old FW remains jailbroken after upgrade to 5.9.7(as it literally says "JB survives after 5.9.7")? TIA
petrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:18 PM   #28
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovich View Post
I'm sorry for a stupid question, but does it mean I can install jailbreak over 5.9.7, or just that jailbroken old FW remains jailbroken after upgrade to 5.9.7(as it literally says "JB survives after 5.9.7")? TIA
The second choice. If you have a jailbroken older firmware and upgrade to 5.9.7, the JB survives. As far as I know, there is as of yet no method to JB any firmware newer than 5.9.0.6.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:23 PM   #29
petrovich
Connoisseur
petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
The second choice. If you have a jailbroken older firmware and upgrade to 5.9.7, the JB survives. As far as I know, there is as of yet no method to JB any firmware newer than 5.9.0.6.
thanks Master. Life sucks, I should never forget it, never...
petrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:13 PM   #30
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovich View Post
thanks Master. Life sucks, I should never forget it, never...
True - but I can't rule out the possibility that some dev, somewhere, is working on a JB for newer FW...