Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-01-2018, 02:15 AM   #1
potter.G
potter.G began at the beginning.

Device: kidnle oasis
why only koreader can't be luanch in kual

hi
my kindle oasis had be jb when the verison is 5.8.7
i update kindle to 5.9.5,yes,5.9.5 yesterday
i reset it ,and i install kual again,others extenison canben launch except koreader, i install kterm,and try to use "./koreader.sh" to launch koreader,but it display
/dev/console can'be created,premission denied
iptables can't be initialize ,you must be root
i like to understand why i can launch kual,but can't lanuch koreader(how to get root premission?)
potter.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:05 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by potter.G View Post
hi
my kindle oasis had be jb when the verison is 5.8.7
i update kindle to 5.9.5,yes,5.9.5 yesterday
i reset it ,and i install kual again,others extenison canben launch except koreader, i install kterm,and try to use "./koreader.sh" to launch koreader,but it display
/dev/console can'be created,premission denied
iptables can't be initialize ,you must be root
i like to understand why i can launch kual,but can't lanuch koreader(how to get root premission?)
What part of the directions which told you (as part of step #2, including the red font):
Quote:
Originally Posted by jail break
NEVER AGAIN USE THE "Reset" MENU ENTRY.
Was hard to understand?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:21 PM   #3
potter.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What part of the directions which told you (as part of step #2, including the red font):

Was hard to understand?
i saw, I deeply regret
it seem to there's no resolution?
Old 05-01-2018, 09:34 PM   #4
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by potter.G View Post
i saw, I deeply regret
it seem to there's no resolution?
Only if you can locate the serial port no one else has been able to find on the oasis models.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:34 PM   #5
ColtB45
ColtB45 began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, PW4
It shouldn't be too hard.

Both options are relatively easy;

Option 1:
Use a hot air rework station to remove the flash memory. Then clean it up and re-ball it. Attache it to a appropriate flash programmer. [These can be super cheap MCU contolled bit-bangers or multi-thousand dollar professional equipment. With most of the more affordable ones landing in the several hundred dollar range.] Read and backup the chip.
Re-root the file system in memory and then write the modified file system back to the flash chip.
Depending on the flash programmer, re-ball the chip again if you had to solder it to your programmer. If you have a nicer setup with the BGA suspension sockets you wont need to re-ball again, which is nice
Then solder the flash chip back to the board. Finger crossed, you'll be re-rooted.

OR

Option 2:
Use the same hot air rework station and remove the CPU. Attache very thin wires to the uart directly with a level converter if not an optocoupler. I don't know what pins but if you're interested I can lookup the chip and tell you what pins are likely. Attache the rest of the pads back to the board with very thin wire.

[I think this illustration will help.]

BOOM, serial port on your Oasis!

Root the Oasis via serial. Once your done re-ball the CPU, pop it on the board with a liberal amount of flux and hot air.

You're done!

Last edited by ColtB45; 05-02-2018 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Fix horrible grammer
ColtB45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:13 AM   #6
potter.G

thanks for your advise,although it too hard for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtB45 View Post
It shouldn't be too hard.

Both options are relatively easy;

Option 1:
Use a hot air rework station to remove the flash memory. Then clean it up and re-ball it. Attache it to a appropriate flash programmer. [These can be super cheap MCU contolled bit-bangers or multi-thousand dollar professional equipment. With most of the more affordable ones landing in the several hundred dollar range.] Read and backup the chip.
Re-root the file system in memory and then write the modified file system back to the flash chip.
Depending on the flash programmer, re-ball the chip again if you had to solder it to your programmer. If you have a nicer setup with the BGA suspension sockets you wont need to re-ball again, which is nice
Then solder the flash chip back to the board. Finger crossed, you'll be re-rooted.

OR

Option 2:
Use the same hot air rework station and remove the CPU. Attache very thin wires to the uart directly with a level converter if not an optocoupler. I don't know what pins but if you're interested I can lookup the chip and tell you what pins are likely. Attache the rest of the pads back to the board with very thin wire.

[I think this illustration will help.]

BOOM, serial port on your Oasis!

Root the Oasis via serial. Once your done re-ball the CPU, pop it on the board with a liberal amount of flux and hot air.

You're done!
Old 06-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #7
DesertYang
DesertYang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2 (KT3)
I suppose you can still use MrPI, thus making it possible to re-install the nomax version of "hotfix" (removed after resetting). It's built for 5.8.x but maybe still works on 5.9.x. Or try the RUNME script method. Plus, have you tried USBNetwork?
Also, if Rescue Pack works on Oasis with Fw ver. 5.9.x, you may be able to enter the diag mode and have root access without using the serial jb.
DesertYang is offline   Reply With Quote