Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-23-2020, 11:33 PM   #1
MrSlow&Steady
Connoisseur
MrSlow&Steady began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Cover for a book I am reading disappeared when I tried adding another ebook

This is a list of technical problems I am experiencing with 5.2.

When I uploaded an ebook, the cover for a book I was reading disappeared. Every time I try to get the cover back the cover for the ebook I just uploaded disappeared no matter what. After finally getting the cover back after deleting the new ebook every time I uploaded the new ebook back it never shows.

Anyone facing similar technical issues?
MrSlow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:37 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I do occasionally have the cover temporarily vanish in the Details Pane when a new book arrives via the autoadd folder, but switching to another book or closing and re-opening the pane fixes it.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2020, 12:16 AM   #3
MrSlow&Steady
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I do occasionally have the cover temporarily vanish in the Details Pane when a new book arrives via the autoadd folder, but switching to another book or closing and re-opening the pane fixes it.
How do you switch to another book? Do you just press one of them, leave, and the cover instantly comes back?
Old 03-13-2021, 04:59 PM   #4
MrSlow&Steady
Connoisseur

Ok having to ask this again because the problem is still there. I just added ebooks and the cover for a book I am reading disappeared. Tried to the above advice to get it back but it still hasn't come back. What do I do?
Old 03-13-2021, 09:19 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-generic-cover
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2021, 11:55 PM   #6
MrSlow&Steady
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
This isn't about me adding an ebook. This is about when an ebook I am currently reading (one that's been in my Kindle for a while) has its cover removed.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:23 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Well only the kindle firmware can remove covers for existing books, so complain to amazon.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 04:50 PM   #8
MrSlow&Steady
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Well only the kindle firmware can remove covers for existing books, so complain to amazon.
If you're curious as to what I did I deleted the ebook and re-downloaded it.
Old 03-14-2021, 05:35 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kindle firmware related to covers is fairly buggy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:41 PM   #10
MrSlow&Steady
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Kindle firmware related to covers is fairly buggy.
It was never like this before too.
Old 03-14-2021, 10:55 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlow&Steady View Post
It was never like this before too.
You haven't read any of the multiple threads about vanishing covers on Kindles? You might want to check the Book covers have disappeared (just be prepared to skip over the multiple off topic posts). There was a fix for the issue in calibre 4.17 (AFAIR) which only worked for books transferred by calibre.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:12 PM   #12
MrSlow&Steady
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You haven't read any of the multiple threads about vanishing covers on Kindles? You might want to check the Book covers have disappeared (just be prepared to skip over the multiple off topic posts). There was a fix for the issue in calibre 4.17 (AFAIR) which only worked for books transferred by calibre.
I have. I was there on this site when we were discussing this.

It was a nightmare when this problem came.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:16 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlow&Steady View Post
I have. I was there on this site when we were discussing this.

It was a nightmare when this problem came.
And our friends at Amazon don't seem to be accepting bug reports on this issue so I don't look for a fix from them anytime soon.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 10:59 PM   #14
MrSlow&Steady
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
And our friends at Amazon don't seem to be accepting bug reports on this issue so I don't look for a fix from them anytime soon.
Yep. Nada.

Doesn't help my computer can't process the 5.13 Calibre update either. It just won't work.

Tags
calibre, glitches