Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-19-2018, 03:58 PM   #1
Marcolp91
Marcolp91 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Can't patch Kobo Glo anymore

So, i've been patching my Kobo Glo just fine, and today I wanted to add the `Reading stats/Author name cut when the series is showing bug fix, but when I add the KoboRoot.tgz file to the main directory, after I unplug my Kobo, nothing happens, no update nor restart.

Does anyone know why is this happening? Everytime I plug my Kobo again, I can see the file in the main directory, it used to disappear before.
Marcolp91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcolp91 View Post
Does anyone know why is this happening? Everytime I plug my Kobo again, I can see the file in the main directory, it used to disappear before.
I'm not sure what you mean by "main directory" but the place you should be putting KoboRoot.tgz is in the /.kobo directory.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #3
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
This is happening because you are not doing it correctly. Just put it in the kobo folder and it should work just fine.
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:11 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohhnyMix View Post
This is happening because you are not doing it correctly. Just put it in the kobo folder and it should work just fine.
Just a correction, the folder names is ".kobo".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:25 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Just a correction, the folder names is ".kobo".
And to add to this ... the period at the beginning of the name is how Linux hides files and directories. You may not (probably won't) see the directory without specifically telling your computer to show hidden files.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2018, 05:58 AM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
And to add to this ... the period at the beginning of the name is how Linux hides files and directories. You may not (probably won't) see the directory without specifically telling your computer to show hidden files.
And to add to this... I believe this also can happen on OSX.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:39 PM   #7
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
And to add to this... I believe this also can happen on OSX.

And to add to this, you can unhide hidden folders/files in OS X with key combination shift-command-dot.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 06-28-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:26 PM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
And to add to this, you can unhide hidden folders/files in OS X with key combination command-dot.
In my version of Linux (Linux Mint Mate) Ctrl+h toggles between "hidden" or "shown."
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote