Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 07:41 PM   #811
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2 View Post
Amazing, many thanks davidfor

Do you have a preferred charity I could make a donation to?
I'm happy to be able to help. I don't have a preferred charity, so, I'm happy for you to use your preferred charity if you want to do something.
Old 11-23-2018, 04:47 AM   #812
ma2
ma2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647B / N905C
Thanks again davidfor, I have made a donation to Project Gutenberg

Project Gutenberg offers over 57,000 free eBooks. Choose among free epub books, free kindle books, download them or read them online. You will find the world's great literature here, with focus on older works for which copyright has expired. Thousands of volunteers digitized and diligently proofread the eBooks, for enjoyment and education.

No fee or registration is required.

https://www.gutenberg.org/
Advert
Old 12-02-2018, 09:21 PM   #813
casper8063@yahoo
casper8063@yahoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N905B
Hello, Could someone please send me the SD image for the Kobo N905B, thanks.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:41 PM   #814
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:54 AM   #815
Kennywayne
Kennywayne began at the beginning.

Device: kobo N647B
Hi Davidfor. Have Kobo N647B stuck on the loading screen after doing update.Wondering if you had the image for the SD card. Have tried rebooting but nothing works. This is my first post. Appreciate any help you can give me.
Advert
Old 12-03-2018, 04:58 AM   #816
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:16 PM   #817
bob4rob
bob4rob began at the beginning.

Device: N647
Hi davidfor. Could I get the SD image for the Kobo Wireless N647? I am having same issue as others with the Kobo being stuck at loading screen. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:23 PM   #818
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:01 AM   #819
drcoolhands
drcoolhands began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Happy New Year! Woke up to my N647 missing my books.
Onboard SDcard isn't mounting and gives a Stale NFS handle error. I suspect the card has failed. I would like to image a new card with the stock image.

Davidfor, could you please PM me a link to the image? Many thanks!
Old 01-01-2019, 06:02 PM   #820
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:20 PM   #821
Grogdor
Grogdor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Hello David, my n647 is corruptified as well, can you help me out?

Usage recommendation seems to be keeping it off WiFi and away from Kobo Desktop app, to avoid future bricking? I'm fine with Calibre.

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2019, 06:24 PM   #822
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

As to future usage, I don't know. There is a known issue with firmware 1.9.12 that is the reason for a lot of the images being needed. I haven't seen any reports of further problems after using the image. I don't know if that is because the problem doesn't reoccur, they don't let it update or they throw it away in disgust.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:43 PM   #823
Nydus
Nydus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi N289
Hi all and Happy New Year. I started yesterday my Kobo Wifi N289 and it didn't show any books at all. Tried to factory reset but still the same thing. After much reading I stumbled upon this forum and learned that the SD card might be bad. Opened the ereader up, took the SD card out, checked it and it has bad sectors. I can upgrade the card from a 2 GB to a 4 GB one, can someone, please, send me the SD card image for this model? Many thanks in advance.

p.s. Firmware is 1.9.12

Last edited by Nydus; 01-03-2019 at 09:28 PM. Reason: added firmware version
Old 01-03-2019, 08:47 PM   #824
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:06 AM   #825
efso
efso began at the beginning.

Device: kobo N289
Kobo N289

Would like to get an image of Kobo N289, have an issue... no books found. thanks in advance.
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi