Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 09-14-2018, 09:17 AM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Question about Audible Romance Package

Are the books in the Audible Romance Package downloadable to a device, or streaming only?

I've been looking at the info at Audible, and they don't seem to say; they have instructions for adding titles to one's library on a device, but nary a word that I can find about downloading to a device.

If it's streaming only, I don't want to bother; if I can download, I figure I'll try the free first month to listen to a few titles. Thanks.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:23 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
My guess is that you can download to their app, but not sideload to an MP3 player. Akin to Hoopla, for example.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:38 AM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
My guess is that you can download to their app, but not sideload to an MP3 player. Akin to Hoopla, for example.
That's what I am hoping, that it's like Hoopla or the KU companion audiobooks. But I don't want to have to rely on streaming.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Are the books in the Audible Romance Package downloadable to a device, or streaming only?

I've been looking at the info at Audible, and they don't seem to say; they have instructions for adding titles to one's library on a device, but nary a word that I can find about downloading to a device.

If it's streaming only, I don't want to bother; if I can download, I figure I'll try the free first month to listen to a few titles. Thanks.
From the Audible Romance description (accessed via "Account Details" -> "Audible Romance Package"):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audible
  • Anytime, anywhere listening with our free Audible app
  • Ad-free offline listening (emphasis mine)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:39 PM   #5
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
you can download them to several devices using the app. That's what I did when I tried it, I don't like to have the wifi always on. I only connected when I wanted to sync my reading position on the book when I switched from the phone to the tablet.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:36 PM   #6
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
From the Audible Romance description (accessed via "Account Details" -> "Audible Romance Package"):
Thanks. That is not a place I looked--indeed, I never would have considered looking there; I used the link from the listings at the bottom of the Audible home page, and I checked the help pages. Neither of those places gave me the info I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
you can download them to several devices using the app. That's what I did when I tried it, I don't like to have the wifi always on. I only connected when I wanted to sync my reading position on the book when I switched from the phone to the tablet.
Great, thanks. Like you, I don't want to have to use wifi--and I can't when I'm out and about, which is prime listening time.

I'm not a romance fan, but there are enough classics and historical sagas in the mix to make it worthwhile.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:23 AM   #7
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you can, check before going out if the books plays with the wifi turned off, I had two books that only started if the wifi was on, after it had begun playing I could turn wifi off and it would play without problems, but it didn’t start unless I had the wifi on. Don´t know why it happened.

Now if I know I'm going out I open the scribd app and turn the wifi on, then open the book, push play and then I turn off the wifi, just to be safe.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:16 PM   #8
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
If you can, check before going out if the books plays with the wifi turned off, I had two books that only started if the wifi was on, after it had begun playing I could turn wifi off and it would play without problems, but it didn’t start unless I had the wifi on. Don´t know why it happened.

Now if I know I'm going out I open the scribd app and turn the wifi on, then open the book, push play and then I turn off the wifi, just to be safe.
Do you remember if there was a gap in time between when you downloaded it and when you played it? I know for the Prime Videos that can be downloaded for offline watching, they require you to be connected to Wifi every so often. I suspect it's to check to see if that movie (or in your case, audiobook) is still in the program.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:58 AM   #9
tempest@de
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Do you remember if there was a gap in time between when you downloaded it and when you played it?
the last time it happened was this month, I downloaded it on the weekend and during the week had to go do errands and was counting on it, but I couldn't make it work, so I'd say it would have been 3 or 4 days in between