Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 08-03-2018, 02:00 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Questions about Tolino and Thalia.de

I live in the United States. As mentioned in other posts, I bought a Tolino Page to try out (and I like it). But I've never registered it with Thalia.de. I see they have some English books available (one that I'm interested in). My question ... if I registered with Thalia from my Tolino Page would I be able to buy and download books while living in the U.S.? I'm guessing not, which would make the registration kind of a waste of time (as I don't need the Cloud storage).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:22 PM   #2
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Tolino Cloud is quite usefull for uploading e-books from computer into ereader without cable connection with ereader. I was able to download free books from German bookstore, I'm outside the Germany but still inside the EU. It could be different than from US.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:39 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
Tolino Cloud is quite usefull for uploading e-books from computer into ereader without cable connection with ereader. I was able to download free books from German bookstore, I'm outside the Germany but still inside the EU. It could be different than from US.
Thanks. I've got a feeling that those in the EU and those in the U.S. are treated completely differently in this. I may make a trial run, but I'm not too hopeful.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:24 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Thanks. I've got a feeling that those in the EU and those in the U.S. are treated completely differently in this. I may make a trial run, but I'm not too hopeful.
Book availability is country dependent. It depends on which publisher has the rights to the book in a country. It is likely they won't sell to you unless you it looks like you are in Germany. Giving a German address during the signup might be enough, but they might require something else or use IP address based restrictions.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:05 AM   #5
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I'm in Europe but not in EU and when buying books on ebook.de sometimes they can sell, sometimes not. I think it's worth trying.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote