Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-27-2015, 01:02 PM   #1
tkole
tkole began at the beginning.

Device: asus transformer infinity 700tf
Can't read books

I have transferred my books from my computer calibre library and they appear on my tablet in calibre companion, but when I tap I get the details of the book and then I tap "read" the screen automatically moves to another book and I cannot read the book. It won't open. Any thoughts?
tkole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:22 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Question moved to its own thread
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you have any reader apps installed?

What happens if you long-press on a book instead of tapping it?
Old 06-28-2015, 01:18 PM   #4
tkole

Hi and thankyou for the reply. I have the system app "my library" . When transferring my books from computer calibre to CC the first 14 books went into there as wellas into CC. I can read these just fine from there but CC just sends me to book details. Yes I have done thelong touch instead of just the tap. Any suggestions?
Old 06-28-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkole View Post
Hi and thankyou for the reply. I have the system app "my library" . When transferring my books from computer calibre to CC the first 14 books went into there as wellas into CC. I can read these just fine from there but CC just sends me to book details. Yes I have done thelong touch instead of just the tap. Any suggestions?
Please send me a CC debug log (only me, please remove the multipie.co.uk address) by going to CC's settings, scrolling to the bottom and choosing Send a debug log to MultiPie.
Advert
Old 06-28-2015, 03:38 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

According to the debug log you sent me, several different things happened. In some cases CC thought you swiped the title to move to the previous book. In other cases CC thought you had changed preferences. And in some cases CC thought you tried to read a book.

In the last logged case, CC thought you tapped "read" on a book. CC tried to launch something called com.asus.reader then went back to the book list. If the reader didn't open then it is broken, because it is advertising that it can handle books and then doesn't really do it. My suggestion: install a free reader such as Moon+ free or FB Reader free, then attempt to read a book. CC should open a dialog asking which reader to use. Choose the new one, not the asus thing, without checking the "Make default" box. If that works then do it again (in CC), this time selecting the asus reader. My guess is that nothing will happen.

If I am correct than you will need to use a different reader. There are several free readers available: Moon+ free, FB Reader, Mantano, Cool Reader, and many others.

If this is for some reason unacceptable then please contact us for a refund.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:33 AM   #7
tkole

Great? I tried downloading Moon + reader pro and was charged through google play but the software did not show up on my tablet. What now?
Old 06-30-2015, 11:48 AM   #8
tkole

I discovered that I can read a book by going to system file manager, then stored, then taping the book. It opens and I can read it but it is a poor reader and very frustrating. Tried downloading Moon + as well but still no show in apps. Suggestions?
Old 06-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Great? I tried downloading Moon + reader pro and was charged through google play but the software did not show up on my tablet. What now?
Quote:
I discovered that I can read a book by going to system file manager, then stored, then taping the book. It opens and I can read it but it is a poor reader and very frustrating. Tried downloading Moon + as well but still no show in apps. Suggestions?
I am confused. The first post says that you bought Moon+ but didn't install it. The second says that you did download it. Is the second an update on the first?

As you said you purchased Moon+ Pro, if you go to the play store page for it do you see an Install button? Or an Uninstall + Open button? If you have already installed it you should see what is in the attached screen capture. If you see an Install button then you should press it to install the app.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	138
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	139834  
Old 06-30-2015, 12:56 PM   #10
tkole

Ok , sorry to be such cluts about this. Moon + now appears on my start up page. When I ask it to import books it shows me 3 pre-loaded ones and no others. How do I load my cc books into moon +?
Old 06-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
What you want to do is treat CC as your book "catalog". Find the book you want to read in CC and tap it to bring up it's details then tap the read "button", or just tap and hold/long press on the book when viewing your library and it should open in your preferred reading app (or ask which app you want to open the book with).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:32 PM   #12
tkole

Ok found that too. Thanks again, folks!