Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 05-26-2023, 03:50 AM   #1
Auerhahn
Auerhahn began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibredb - change default port

I installed alibredb on. my raspberry pi. With sccess as I believe. But I cant test it because the port 8080 is used by another program. Is there a possibility to change the port caliredb uses? I understand that I can change this in the GUI but this is not an option because I don’t use the GUI. Is there another possibility?
Auerhahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 06:18 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibredb doesnt use a port calibre-server does and if you run calibre-server --help you will learn how to set its port.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2023, 06:41 AM   #3
Auerhahn

Thank you, that works. But now I et the message that I have to add a library. I thought I dod this before, but it seems, it didn’t work.
Old 05-26-2023, 07:38 AM   #4
Auerhahn

OK. I see. It is all very complicated. For me it s not worth the hassle. So the thread can be closed, I will no longer try to use the calibre-server.
Old 06-26-2023, 12:17 AM   #5
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
Content Server Settings diff. from GUI program?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibredb doesnt use a port calibre-server does and if you run calibre-server --help you will learn how to set its port.
@KovidGoyal,
Can you confirm what I think I'm getting from this thread and other things.....

Does the caliber-server.exe from the command line run essentially as a completely separate program? It IGNORES THE SETTINGS (user accounts, Advanced Settings, Book list Template, etc...) that are set up via the Calibre program GUI under Preferences/Sharing Over the Net. ...because this is in no way clear under the help manual for internet access.

I've spent A LOT of time reading what's in the help manual trying to get the server to run as I've set everything but to do so without the GUI program. I kept running into some difficulties so I'm seeking help here doing due diligence first......I gather from this that to have internet access based on the GUI settings, you have to run a line by line command to the content server program for each special setting so that you can get what you want without running the GUI.

Is this correct?

I got here by figuring out that the content server wasn't running the port I assigned. No direct command I could figure out how to pass got it to there either....but now, even if I figure out the port change part from the default 8080 for the server (already done in the GUI and all works when GUI program is running), this would mean all other customization would require a lot of arguments to be set up...
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2023, 12:38 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes its an independent program
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote