Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 04-20-2023, 08:09 AM   #1
henry88g
henry88g began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
calibre server login retry

Hello, and slash suggestion for calibre server-

Maybe provide the possibility to correct a failure to type both username and password before hitting the LOGIN button.

I normally start up Calibre Server with a request for username and password, and everything's fine on my browser (networked computer, phone, whatever).

Today I hit LOGIN before typing in my password. OOPS.

Got a message saying that I haven't entered either my password or my username. That's it. No option to try again.

It would be helpful if, along with that message, I was given a chance to try again.

I sorted it out, going a pretty long way around, but it's fine now.

Just thinking.
henry88g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 08:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Whether you are prompted for a rety on incorrect credentials is upto the browser you use. I can tell you that with chrome entering incorrect credentials definitely re-promtps.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2023, 05:59 AM   #3
henry88g

Sorry - I've just posted my question again on a different thread, not having seen your reply to this one. I use Firefox. Will restore the password requirement to the .service file and try Chrome.
Old 07-15-2023, 07:08 AM   #4
henry88g

Test results

All the same with Chrome as with Firefox. No re-prompt. [Chrome 114.0.5735.198 (Official build)(64-bit) on Ubuntu 22.04]

BUT

All is ok if I 1) close and reopen the browser, or 2) try to log in from another browser (on the same computer or another). I get the proper login screen.

SO

Workaround is perfectly acceptable to me.

Thanks again