Old 03-23-2023, 07:00 PM   #1
qiaofeng
qiaofeng began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Calibre on Docker managed with portainer on Asustor

Hi all,
I have the same problem as described on this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=348811

The last entry on the thread by @harshakavuri is the following, which I'm not sure how to do it?
1. Static routing on Router does not include port number
2. Static routing on router only route to local (host) IP Address, not the container.

to access Calibre content server where Calibre is running in a docker is by adding Static Route in your Router LAN settings.

I am also in docker and my Calibre is at 192.168.25.20:7080 and content server is at 172.17.0.2:8081 and my LAN network is 192.168.25.1

Please have a look at screenshot of my router lan settings.

My setup:
NAS: ASUSTOR AS5304T
Docker Image: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/calibre
(managed with Portainer)
Reader: Marvin on IPAD

Container configuration:

Code:
version: "2.1"
services:
  calibre:
    image: lscr.io/linuxserver/calibre:latest
    container_name: calibre
    environment:
      - PUID=999
      - PGID=999
      - TZ=Australia/Melbourne
    volumes:
      - /volume1/Calibre:/config
    ports:
      - 8080:8080
      - 8081:8081
    restart: unless-stopped
Please help
qiaofeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I doubt many people here use docker. Just use the official calibre binaries. They are pretty self contained anyway. Then you will have one less layer of complication in your setup.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2023, 11:40 AM   #3
morpheusdreamin
morpheusdreamin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Rather than exposing Calibre through your router, or any other services, you might want to stand up a reverse proxy such as Nginx Proxy Manager or Traefik.

You would then configure your router to forward external requests on port 443 and port 80 to the server containing the reverse proxy container. The reverse proxy has configuration to forward "calibre.[your domain.tld]" to the container on 192.168.25.20:7080.
morpheusdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote