Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
Michealj
Michealj began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Sugarsync update

Hello, when I open sugarsync it requires an update. When it completes the update it no longer works on my EE. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a resolution for it? I tried reinstalling but it just forces the update.

Regards,

Michealj
Michealj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I had a similar problem on my EE with Mapdroyd, but was able to reinstall the older version and say no to offered updates. I don't know what the problem is with Sugarsync, but I sincerely hope you can get it back to working!

Are you running (any version of) Ermine, or are you on Dingo?

Edit: I just checked the Amazon Appstore. They have version 3.3.3 which looks like it was last updated in July. If your version is later than that, and if you have access to Amazon, you might want to try their download. It requires Android 1.5, so should work with either Dingo or Ermine.

Last edited by Filark; 12-21-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 05:52 AM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
I don't know what the app is or does but is there another app that could take its place?

Have you checked the menu to see if there is a way of turning off automatic updates, if not have you contacted the developer and told them about the problem?

Any program that forces an update without checking if it will work is so badly written that it shouldn't be used. Well written programs leave the decision to update to the user after telling them about it.

If you can't turn off automatic updates, I, in your position, would be looking for something to replace it.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Michealj
Michealj began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Hi Thanks for the replies and questions. I am running Ermine and in fact reinstalled it yesterday. Dropbox is working fine, so I am not without the capability to transfer files.

Thanks

Micheal
Michealj is offline   Reply With Quote