Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-04-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
davidrichards27
davidrichards27 began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK Glowlite
Missing files???

Hi all,
This is my first post and I would be most grateful for any guidance and advice offered.

I have a Nook Glowlite, about six years old with a MicroSD card storing most of my books.

Recently, I decided to try and have a thin down of some of the books as it was getting too full, so I connected to my PC, and looked at the contents of the card.

To my surprise, where I have about 100+ Star Wars books showing in the library of the Nook, NONE were visible in the file manager of the card!

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about this as I would like to clear some items, but can't if I can't see them!

Thanks in advance,
David
davidrichards27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:08 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrichards27 View Post
I have a Nook Glowlite, about six years old with a MicroSD card storing most of my books.

Recently, I decided to try and have a thin down of some of the books as it was getting too full, so I connected to my PC, and looked at the contents of the card.
You probably should wait for someone who know a bit more about the Nook's SD Card than I do (I have the card slot but I've never used it).

I think only books that will show up on your PC are those you side-loaded. Anything you bought from Barnes & Noble is "invisible" to the PC. I don't know if there is any direct way around this on the device.

The "work-around" (at least I think this should work, but let someone more knowledgeable than me confirm before doing anything) is to get the Windows or Mac Nook application. Once you have that you can download the books directly from B&N to your computer.

Then, to clear the books off of your Nook Glowlight, you should be able to archive them to your Nook account online. (You can do this without the Mac or Windows application and downloading the books, but some folks like their books stored locally.)

Any time you want to put back on to your device just un-archive it.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2018, 04:05 AM   #3
davidrichards27
davidrichards27 began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK Glowlite
Thanks for your reply. However ,all the books were 'side loaded' and this is what I can't understand.

Maybe someone with experience of the ST Card can help me further?
davidrichards27 is offline   Reply With Quote