Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2017, 07:20 AM   #1
esclusoilcane
esclusoilcane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paper white 3
Lightbulb How to download book on refurbished paperwhite not jailbroken

Dear kindle friends as an ex happy owner of Nook simple touch jailbroken device (and an IPhone) I'm asking u some questions:
BEFORE
I usually put my ebooks on Dropbox from any device and with nook jailbroken and Dropbox app I downloaded and read happily

NOW
my girlfriend gave me a PW3 for present, unluckily is a refurbished one with last 5.8.10 update (yes she wanted to save money). As far as I know no jailbreak is possible for that kind of Device so no duokan or other apps
What I have to do if I'm far from pc and want to put a book on pw 3?
Using kindle.com or amazon? No it's refurbished means that I cannot connect to amazon and register my kindle, serial is blocked like it was a lost kindle
Using Dropbox? No Dropbox website stuck on experimental browser
Using JustCloud? I hoped but yes u see the files but u cannot download
Using other clouds? Gdrive doesn't work I don't know if other exist
Using gmail? Yes it's the only way I found: if u send to u a gmail with mobi or azw kindle (after a few light touches) ask if u want to download

There's other not jailbroken and not amazon.com methods?

Thanks!!!
esclusoilcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:26 AM   #2
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
I have a refurbished Pw2, and I was able to register it with Kindle, no problem. I should think, as long as it has been reset to the original out of box settings, and not reported stolen, you should have no problem setting up a Kindle account for that device. I can't imagine a situation where Amazon would not want to sell you stuff. If they'll sell me ebooks for my android phones and tablets, surely they will sell books for a Kindle.

I don't know if this will work without registration, or not, but I can connect my PW2 to my PC with a USB cable. Windows sees the PW2 as an external thumb drive, and allows me to drag and drop files onto the PW2. To keep things simple, I use the ebook organizer app called Calibre (Free, and open source). I select a book and click on "send to device". Calibre handles it all, and knows exactly what folder to drop the file into.

Once registered, you can email your books to your kindle via a special email address Amazon gives you.

Try to register your Kindle, I think you will be surprised. I have the ability to reset the PW2 myself, it is an option on the settings menu.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2017, 09:04 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esclusoilcane View Post
Using kindle.com or amazon? No it's refurbished means that I cannot connect to amazon and register my kindle, serial is blocked like it was a lost kindle
If the serial number is blocked, that's because it's been reported as being lost or stolen to Amazon.

It is not a 'refurbished' Kindle.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:38 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Return it to your girlfriend and have her return it to the person who sold it to her.

She needs to get a refund.

As mentioned, this Kindle was either lost or stolen and the original owner reported it as either lost or stolen.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:58 AM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Do what Dr. Drib says.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2017, 01:38 PM   #6
esclusoilcane
esclusoilcane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paper white 3
Question

Seller assured it's refurbished not stolen, he sold a lot of kindles with only good reviews so I'm surprised
esclusoilcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:23 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by esclusoilcane View Post
Seller assured it's refurbished not stolen, he sold a lot of kindles with only good reviews so I'm surprised

P.T.Barnum had a well known reputation also.
Can you guess how many people he caught out with his: "This Way to the Egress"?

Refurbishment has no effect on the ability to register the Kindle.
Try first to register the Kindle from the Kindle itself -
If that fails -
Call Kindle Customer Service, tell them your story.
It is possible the previous owner still has it registered.
Hmm...
There should be one of the information reports that will also report if the Kindle is registered . . . ? ;411 ;911 ;711 ? Does anybody remember?

If it isn't registered on the report and you can't register it over the air and customer service can't register it - then it is blacklisted. Pass it back along the custody chain until everyone except the thief gets their money back.

Last edited by knc1; 10-01-2017 at 02:28 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.8.10, jailbreak, kindle, nook, refurbished