Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-09-2017, 04:36 AM   #1
crisnoh
crisnoh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
"Search Bar" disappeared

I just installed 3.7 and when I started the application back up the search field and it's containing bar were no longer visible. I can still search by hitting Cmd+F, but I'd really like to have that bar back and can't find an option to toggle it. Can anyone tell me how to get it back?
crisnoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 04:40 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@crisnoh - Click the Layout button - bottom right, there you will find a hide/show search bar toggle

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2017, 04:48 AM   #3
crisnoh
crisnoh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Perfect, thanks for the assist
crisnoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:17 PM   #4
oltmannv
oltmannv began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Calibre search bar disappeared in recent upgrade. Can's search by title - Calibre

I am having this problem . in version 3.14. The search bar has disappeared AND the "Titles" or "Books" option in the left-hand menu on the left side of the Calibre screen is also gone.

My left-hand menu has each of the following with a number to each item's right, giving the number of items in the category (i.e., my "Authors" item shows 2617 to the right, etc):
Authors
Languages
Series
Formats
Publisher
Rating
News
Tags
Identifiers
Searches

What is missing is TITLES, and I can't find any way to do a search of my book titles.

I am using Calibre 3.14 on Mac OS 10.13.2

I have tried looking through the Preferences and settings but have found nothing about this.

Help!
Vanessa
oltmannv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 05:05 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@oltmannv - Click Layout in the status bar, and you can turn them back on.

You seem to have inadvertently hidden some things, probably via the Keyboard shortcuts, which are in Preferences->Shortcuts->Miscellaneous, e.g. Toggle Search Bar.

If you would prefer not to have the shortcuts, set them to None.

In Preferences->Look and Feel there's a setting to replace the single Layout 'button' with separate clickable icons for the tag browser, search bar etc.

Book titles are not regarded as a category, so they never appear in the Tag (Category) Browser (left side bar)

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-30-2017 at 05:10 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2017, 07:44 PM   #6
oltmannv
oltmannv began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@oltmannv - Click Layout in the status bar, and you can turn them back on.

You seem to have inadvertently hidden some things, probably via the Keyboard shortcuts, which are in Preferences->Shortcuts->Miscellaneous, e.g. Toggle Search Bar.

If you would prefer not to have the shortcuts, set them to None.

In Preferences->Look and Feel there's a setting to replace the single Layout 'button' with separate clickable icons for the tag browser, search bar etc.

Book titles are not regarded as a category, so they never appear in the Tag (Category) Browser (left side bar)

BR
Yes, I must have turned off the search bar. It's back now.

Thanks so much!

Vanessa
oltmannv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:50 AM   #7
kleen
kleen began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite/android tablet
It worked, Thank You.
kleen
kleen is offline   Reply With Quote