Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-31-2018, 05:35 PM   #16
Matilo
Zealot
Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mars, kindle Paperwhite 2nd generation, kindle fire hdx 8.9
You can order the Nova here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ONYX...a-676a6142295c
Matilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:16 AM   #17
hakama
hakama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PP3
I looking for alternative e-reader (I have a Kindle PW 3, is there very stable and solid text, even after 10-15 pages (without refreshing) but I want more text on one page).

> 7-8" (еPub suport, and saturated and density text , maximaze text to edges (may be with Coolreader), good backlight, and lighter body).

Is that just on the horizon (since 2018+)
ONYX BOOX NOVA eBook Reader 7.8 inch UItra HD

It's quite expensive at the moment, but is it eligible?

Tolino Epos?! I think it's outdated (did I read it slow?)
PS:
I had Kobo Aura H20 over 30 days, but I did not like the slower browsing than PW3, loss of optical density of 2-3 letters page turns.
Whilе, Kindle PW3 - is retained even after 10-15 pages and more (without refresh), with very good quality (and dark) of the text.
I dislike refresh every 5 pages...
PW3 be refreshed each chapter - 10-20 pages and more

In Aura H2O - I liked it there very evenly / flat (no shadows, Blick) backlight, which in PW3 is worse.
hakama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:23 AM   #18
Loretta Unal
Loretta Unal began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Mars is ok.
Loretta Unal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:48 AM   #19
Dennell
Dennell began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawadLeLogeur View Post
The Mars seems to tick all the boxes, but apparently Kobo is releasing a new model very soon, and so is Dasung (the awkwardly named "not-ereader"). There's also the Onyx Boox Nova, the inkbook Explore (which seems mediocre according to some reviews) and perhaps many other models I haven't even heard of.
Should I wait or drop the dough?
I have a Likebook Mars.I think it is a good choice. Kindle, chrome, google play book, gmail, KOreader, kobo all work fine. It almost is a android tablet for me.
Dennell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:37 AM   #20
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakama View Post
I had Kobo Aura H20 over 30 days, but I did not like the slower browsing than PW3, loss of optical density of 2-3 letters page turns.
I've had my Aura H2O2 for ten days now and have been using it A LOT - what is this "loss of optical density" you mention?
Old 11-29-2018, 04:45 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
I've had my Aura H2O2 for ten days now and have been using it A LOT - what is this "loss of optical density" you mention?
Sounds as if he's referring to ghosting.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:47 AM   #22
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sounds as if he's referring to ghosting.
Ah, thank you. I must have a "good" one, I think. Eighty hours of reading, so far only two noticeable instances of ghosting, only one of which persisted for more than a minute.
Old 04-23-2020, 01:28 PM   #23
gogadeki2
gogadeki2 began at the beginning.

Device: likebook
Never buy the likebook mars

Never buy the likebook mars. I got one, but used only couple of months, it became a brick after system update. It doesn't have Factory Reset button. Contacted the customer service, no response.
gogadeki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:07 PM   #24
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogadeki2 View Post
Never buy the likebook mars. I got one, but used only couple of months, it became a brick after system update. It doesn't have Factory Reset button. Contacted the customer service, no response.
I have never heard of a device with no reset option. Have you asked google?

I did, and it has.

Google likebook mars reset

But the kobo forma is arguably a better choice, with better customer support
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:23 PM   #25
psychowood
Enthusiast
psychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmos

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
But the kobo forma is arguably a better choice, with better customer support
It really depends on your main task. I would not replace my Android-powered Mars, with autoupdate/download rss feeds and custom apps. It's great for reading scanlations with Tachiyomi.
psychowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 04:18 PM   #26
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I like my Nook 7.8"
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:12 PM   #27
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I like my Nook 7.8"
How is it for web browsing?
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:38 PM   #28
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by fduniho View Post
Probably just as bad as every other e-ink device is.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:51 PM   #29
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by fduniho View Post
Pretty much like any eInk device. You use it if you have to, forget video and gratefully go back to a device where web browsing is not an afterthought.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:42 PM   #30
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Drop the dough on the Kobo Forma. It's an 8" 300DPI plastic backed screen. It will be awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You don't know what it'll be like until it's released, Jon. It's a little premature to describe a device that nobody's yet used as "awesome". Lighting is one area that degrades with screen size due to the nature of front-lighting. Let's wait and see before being in awe of it.
Cough.

The Forma already exsits. I was released in October 2018.

And a lot of people think it is awesome. Yeah, a lot of people think it isn't but they only could say so because they've been able to touch it. For real
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote