Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Angry Digital Editions -- Too Many Activations

Has anyone had any luck with getting their activations re-set? Is there a better way to do this than going through Adobe Support?

I re-set my device, and in the process I ran out of activations. Did not realize that activations are not actually per device, but apparently are counted every time you attempt to activate. I have a support ticket in with Adobe, and have been waiting 4 days for them to fix. Apparently, the support desk does not know how to re-set the activations.

I also contacted Sony to see if they could help, but apparently, they just have to put in a ticket with Adobe too.

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Never mind, I went with the "strip DRM" solution. Thank you I Love Cabbages!!!

Last edited by Serena; 01-08-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I did activate a second computer with ADE. Went well. But the only reason I did so is so I can see the ePub to know wat sort of fixes I need to make to it after I strip the DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
What's the case #?
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Case number is 181367978. It's now been 7 days, and no support from Adobe. But I figured out how to strip DRM in less than an hour, and found Calibre, which is a much better program than Adobe Digital Editions anyway.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Thanks for the Case #. It looks like Support just reset your activation count (however they did it incorrectly so it would've caused you additional heartache). I reset it correctly for you, as well as added my usual complaint to management about our support.
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
Serena
Zealot

Thank you! I know it's not your fault, I do appreciate your support.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #7
Jim Lester
Evangelist

Serena,
Is the Aluratek Libre that you are having problems with something you purchased, or is a pre-release copy that you are reviewing?

I ask because the Libre has not yet been certified by Adobe yet.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
Serena
Zealot

Interesting. The Libre was something I purchased, because it said on their webpage that they support Adobe Digital Editions. I think the problem I had with it is that the firmware update didn't take properly (I suspect because they had me install it on the cheap memory card that came with the book, but I can't prove that). Once I got the firmware update to work, it accepted the Digital Editions activation just fine.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #9
Serena
Zealot

It is also listed as a supported device on the Adobe Digital Editions page???
Old 01-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
Jim Lester
Evangelist

The device page lists the currently active and announced products that our RMSDK customers have told us about, and does not state anything about their certification. Given the title "Supported Devices page" I can see where this is confusing.

Last edited by Jim Lester; 01-13-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #11
theonna
One
theonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony, Kindle,Pocketbook, Nook...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
What's the case #?
Case #0181387248 -here is mine.
I would greatly appreciate your help.
Now it could be awesome if we could manage our activated devices via adobe account, same as Sony Reader Library, it is still not very convenient, but as of now- even If I strip my reader library account- I still can not reregister a device- adobe digital registration fails.
Thank You
theonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #12
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, I have the same problem now. I've just sent the ticket so, if I know nothing on next Wednesday I'll complain here

But that isn't the problem. I've deregistered a computer and activated again. It shouldn't change the number of activations I have. This is a real software bug, sorry, not a security feature or anything else. I can run out of activations deauthorizing and activating only one device.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #13
Jim Lester
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Well, I have the same problem now. I've just sent the ticket so, if I know nothing on next Wednesday I'll complain here
Support's average clear rate is 3 days, and I won't generally step in to fix unless it's been a week. However definitely complain if it hasn't been fixed by Wednesday (you too theonna)

Quote:
But that isn't the problem. I've deregistered a computer and activated again. It shouldn't change the number of activations I have. This is a real software bug, sorry, not a security feature or anything else. I can run out of activations deauthorizing and activating only one device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
2.) Deactivation only deletes the activation record from your machine, it doesn't do anything else. Specifically deactivation doesn't give you any activations back, so you only really want to do it if "you sell a reader or computer " and not for any other reason.
(you can read the rest of the thread for additional details )

You will note that we don't have a menu item deauthorizing - this is on purpose.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
The device page lists the currently active and announced products that our RMSDK customers have told us about, and does not state anything about their certification. Given the title "Supported Devices page" I can see where this is confusing.
Under Sony, the 500 is missing. It now supports ADE if it's sent in for a firmware update.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Jim, is there any reason we cannot deactivate ADE for an active device in order to get back these activations?

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-15-2010 at 07:54 PM.