Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-03-2017, 09:44 PM   #1
loftydon
loftydon will become famous soon enoughloftydon will become famous soon enoughloftydon will become famous soon enoughloftydon will become famous soon enoughloftydon will become famous soon enoughloftydon will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire
Hello..

I'm new to this forum. I have a Kindle Fire and an Iphone from which I can read e-books. However, I just bought a portable DVD player which touts it can read e-books. The provided manual is sketchy at best. So, I thought I'd download a few different formats to see if they can be read.

Also, this looks like a very comprehensive site!!

Don in sunny Florida
loftydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:51 PM   #2
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Hey Don, welcome to the jungle! I have never heard of someone reading ebooks on their DVD player. Is this a portable device with screen or something you plug into your TV? From a fellow n00b, I can definitely confirm there is a lot to learn around here and people using a myriad of crazy gadgets so you should fit right in
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2017, 04:40 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Don and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:52 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by loftydon View Post
I'm new to this forum. I have a Kindle Fire and an Iphone from which I can read e-books. However, I just bought a portable DVD player which touts it can read e-books. The provided manual is sketchy at best. So, I thought I'd download a few different formats to see if they can be read.

Also, this looks like a very comprehensive site!!

Don in sunny Florida
Welcome to MobileRead!

From your username, I take it you're a fan of "It Ain't Half Hot Mum"?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:12 PM   #5
loftydon
loftydon will become famous soon enoughloftydon will become famous soon enoughloftydon will become famous soon enoughloftydon will become famous soon enoughloftydon will become famous soon enoughloftydon will become famous soon enough

My portable DVD player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Cant_Read View Post
Hey Don, welcome to the jungle! I have never heard of someone reading ebooks on their DVD player. Is this a portable device with screen or something you plug into your TV? From a fellow n00b, I can definitely confirm there is a lot to learn around here and people using a myriad of crazy gadgets so you should fit right in
The DVD player is sold on Amazon.com ($99.95) and has a built in TV, FM radio, USB port from which it can display TV Quality MP4 videos (less than 720 dpi), read TEXT files (as I discovered), copy the contents of a CD to a thumb drive, has a built in 2,200 ma lithium polymer battery (rechargeable), comes with a CD that has 300 games on it, comes with a cheap game controller, a 120/240 wall charger, a car charger, can use the composite input to a TV to display a DVD, and some other features. It is made by Kshop out of Asia. It has some other features. However, the TV and FM radio input is through a female PAL connector (it didn't come with an antenna).
Advert
Old 12-08-2017, 06:14 PM   #6
loftydon

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Welcome to MobileRead!

From your username, I take it you're a fan of "It Ain't Half Hot Mum"?
Actually, my username is derived from my street name and my first name..just easy to remember.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:30 PM   #7
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by loftydon View Post
The DVD player is sold on Amazon.com ($99.95) and has a built in TV, FM radio, USB port from which it can display TV Quality MP4 videos (less than 720 dpi), read TEXT files (as I discovered), copy the contents of a CD to a thumb drive, has a built in 2,200 ma lithium polymer battery (rechargeable), comes with a CD that has 300 games on it, comes with a cheap game controller, a 120/240 wall charger, a car charger, can use the composite input to a TV to display a DVD, and some other features. It is made by Kshop out of Asia. It has some other features. However, the TV and FM radio input is through a female PAL connector (it didn't come with an antenna).
Wow. That is a lot of functionality for less than $100. Now all you need is a couple 20,000 ma Xiaomi batteries and you are set for anything
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote