Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #46
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Chillem View Post
Hi Terisa,
there is a bug in your code.

Consider the following filename:

2008 - Handbook of Motivation Science - Shah, James & Gardner, Wendy L. (eds)-[Guilford].pdf

It is imported as:

filename: 2008 - Handbook of Motivation Science - Shah, James & Gardner, Wendy L
Extension: (eds)-[Guilford]

This other filename:

2009 - Building Motivational Interviewing Skills - David B. Rosengren.pdf

It is imported as:

filename: 2009 - Building Motivational Interviewing Skills - David B
extension: Rosengren

You are probably searching for the first DOT from the start of the filename, while you should search for the first DOT from the end of filename... or you are using a wrong regular expression.

Also, I see that the original extension as been truncated, so you are using some kind of code were you drop everything there is in the filename after the second dot and the second dot too...

I suppose today I have lost a lot of information while importing +3000 books
(261 book with wrong/partial information which I already have deleted )
Yes, you're right about the mistake, sorry.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:13 PM   #47
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Chillem View Post
Hi,
a last problem:

Some books have the temp path as extracted path:

An example:
"C:\Users\Familia\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_omm2o x\rsdo8k_add_books\482"
I'm afraid that it happens because all the books go through other file plugin (DeDrm?). That is something that cannot be avoided, sorry. I thought it was included in the initial notes but it isn't. I'll include it now.
Advert
Old 12-04-2016, 06:14 PM   #48
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'm afraid that it happens because all the books go through other file plugin (DeDrm?). That is something that cannot be avoided, sorry. I thought it was included in the initial notes but it isn't. I'll include it now.
Is there anyway to affect the order the plugins are called? If the GetFileName plugin could be called before the DRM stripping, it should get original file name. I have no idea what order is currently used. Installation or name order are the two obvious ones, but the might be something else.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:15 PM   #49
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...f25f7b0e27f683
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:20 AM   #50
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you, I'll make it available with this change after the next release (I hope).
Advert
Old 12-05-2016, 01:38 AM   #51
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Yes, you're right about the mistake, sorry.
You have already been pardoned. Things like this happen when programming and now it was my turn to discover the bug !
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:03 AM   #52
cgrapski
Enthusiast
cgrapski began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
For the life of me - I have never been able to figure out HOW to configure this. Nowhere is there any instructions on exactly WHAT kind of column to create or how it connects to the plugin.

I gave up - after the first week when it was first released. Figured I'd give it another try - and yet - still absolutely NO clue.

How do I configure the column?
cgrapski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:40 AM   #53
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@cgrapski - you need to add a custom column for each of the fields you want to use, the tooltips for each field tell you that - if you haven't added any suitable custom columns (text) then the drop downs will be empty.

Use Preferences->Add your own columns to add custom columns

Added : Heavens du Betzee - did you ever bother read through the thread, apparently not otherwise you would have tripped over post [27]

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-08-2016 at 12:59 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 05:05 PM   #54
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'm having a problem with this code, but I don't know if it is related to the commit or I'm making a mistake in my plugin (the most probable situation). If I run my plugin "on import", so the method run is called and I can store "original_path_to_file", I'm losing the result of the previous plugin so, in my case, the book is not getting the DRM removed. I don't know if there is any mistake in the plugin, as it only returns the input path).
Old 12-08-2016, 10:08 PM   #55
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I dont see how that commit could cause an issue unless for some reason the DRM removal plugin uses the original_file_path property itself without first initializing it. Run calibre in debug mode and see what errors you get

calibre-debug -g
Old 12-08-2016, 11:54 PM   #56
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry, I'll try to explain myself better.

For getting original_path_to_file, I need the run method in my plugin to be called. So, because of this, now I have two file type plugins running on my file.

The first one makes its own process and returns a new file (with a new path). Now, the second one (my own) is called and it only stores the original path and returns the same path which has received.

In this situation, the book which is stored in calibre is not the modified one by the first plugin but the original one, as the second plugin does not receive as input the modified file but the original one, so each step loses the file returned by the previous plugin (or that is the effect I'm seeing).
Old 12-09-2016, 12:12 AM   #57
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah, this should take casre fo that: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...fedd81f4878a8c
Old 12-09-2016, 12:22 AM   #58
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you very much!
Old 12-15-2016, 05:12 AM   #59
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Hi Terisa, hope you'll release a new version soon. My directories are waiting for you !
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:34 AM   #60
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I've to check a think this night and, according to that, I'll release it tomorrow... or after the next calibre release (because there was a bug that I detected testing the plugin).

Tags
calibredb, calibredb metadata import, plugin