Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-17-2016, 10:20 PM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Moved countries

Hello good people!
I made the move with my family and have ended up in sunny California, USA.
My Australian-bought PRS-T2 made the move with me!
I noticed the Country / Region menu has the UK, Australia, Austria, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain and 'Others' as options.
Will 'Others' help me? What will it do for me?
Will I be able to buy stuff in US dollars if I select 'Others' or will I just screw things up?
Any advice, fair Mobilereaders, would be appreciated!
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:49 AM   #2
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
How do you load things onto your T2? I sideload everything because I want that backup on Calibre without the DRM. I would not think you'd have problems buying and downloading in US dollars as long as your account with whatever ebook store is set up with your correct address in the US.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2016, 07:50 AM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Your T2 bought and used in Australia are you still using Sony store for buying your ebooks? In US region Sony readers have changed over to Kobo store at your option. I never used Sony Reader Store.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:48 PM   #4
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Your T2 bought and used in Australia are you still using Sony store for buying your ebooks? In US region Sony readers have changed over to Kobo store at your option. I never used Sony Reader Store.
It uses Kobo store. To my knowledge, there never was Sony Reader Store for Australia.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:49 PM   #5
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
How do you load things onto your T2? I sideload everything because I want that backup on Calibre without the DRM. I would not think you'd have problems buying and downloading in US dollars as long as your account with whatever ebook store is set up with your correct address in the US.
I sideload - except it takes away the option if I can't buy through Kobo store in US dollars with the device.

Last edited by AprilHare; 08-19-2016 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Clarification
Advert
Old 09-02-2016, 02:44 AM   #6
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
You may ask your senator to pass a resolution that US would invade Australia.
That will solve all your issues, technical, currency, national, etc...
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:21 PM   #7
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
You may ask your senator to pass a resolution that US would invade Australia.
That will solve all your issues, technical, currency, national, etc...
You might have thought Australia was already invaded.. and coming here was akin to arriving in the mother country!
Old 10-17-2016, 03:01 AM   #8
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Welcome to the mother land! Long time, no see stranger!
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote