Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 10:32 AM   #46
paulkbiba
Connoisseur
paulkbiba began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e61i, iPhone
This is very impressive. Thank you for your work. Now I can read my Wowio books on the Reader. They were pretty much illegible in PDF format.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:17 AM   #47
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowry View Post
Where's your paypal button?
He may not have a PayPal button, but you can still say "thank you" with karma!
Advert
Old 08-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #48
paulkbiba
Connoisseur
paulkbiba began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e61i, iPhone
Done!
Old 08-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #49
cacapee
Connoisseur
cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.

Device: prs-500
version 0.4 adds drag/drop and batch processing (drag mutiple files over) + other small refinements (not specifying smartcut/runpages/splitpage scales a page to fit in an image)
Old 08-28-2007, 08:15 PM   #50
thinredline
Connoisseur
thinredline doesn't litterthinredline doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Pocket Edge, Nookd Simple Touch Glowlight, NGP
cacapee, you are the best! The sales of Sony ereader could have been doubled if they bundle the ereader with your software.
Advert
Old 08-29-2007, 12:11 AM   #51
pocketpc
pocketpc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader
Great software, cacapee!
When I was reading documents on my sony reader, sometimes I'd like to view it in a single page so I can get more content, but sometimes I think it's clear and easier to read if I split it into 2 pages.
So I have a idea, can you make a new mode, say "double portrait", the Height will be (600-46)*2=1108 or something like that, and the width will be 1108/1.29=858.
This mode will increase the size of final LRF file, but we can use the rotate function of sony reader itself to switch in different view rotation.
And thanks again for the awesome work.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:59 AM   #52
cacapee
Connoisseur
cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.

Try out pdflrf's landscape mode which does a similar thing. Sony's landscape mode sucks for multiple reasons.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:11 AM   #53
pocketpc

pdflrf's landscape mode will divide the images into 2 pages. we can switch it back to portrait mode and sometime I think switch between those 2 modes is very convenient for readers.
I mean if pdflrf can make the output file in large size so we can use a simple way to switch between portrait and landscape mode as Sony's landscape function did, it's good.
And why you said Sony's landscape mode sucks? I feel it's ok for me.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:23 AM   #54
cacapee
Connoisseur

Currently pdflrf generates images that map one to one with the visible pixels in the ereader. The effect you are looking for would mean that the reader would be doing the interpolation and consequently doing a bad job of it. You can test it out by viewing pdflrf's landscape output in portrait mode. Also Sony's landscape mode greys out the bottom and top in landscape mode which is very distracting.

Rasterfarian/PDFRead do what you want in landscape mode. It obviously does not work very well.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:07 AM   #55
pocketpc

So the only way for me maybe is convert the documents 2 times, 1 use portrait mode and 1 use landscape mode.
this way will bring some problems for example reading history and bookmarks, but it seems is the last solution.
Anyway, thanks again Cacapee, your work is really great!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:37 AM   #56
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Have you thought about adding an option to output the file in HTML? There are a number of other ebook devices with a similar sized screen that don't read LRF.

This is a very good tool. It would be great if more people could use it.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:46 AM   #57
thinredline
Connoisseur

If cacapee can add TOC editing function, this software will become perfect. Are you planning to make it support unicode?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:27 AM   #58
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinredline View Post
If cacapee can add TOC editing function, this software will become perfect. Are you planning to make it support unicode?
I vote for TOC too, if it's doable.
About unicode: does this tool care for fonts? I thought it was treating pages as images, so you could have anything there.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #59
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkbiba View Post
Done!
Done!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:17 PM   #60
thinredline
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
I vote for TOC too, if it's doable.
About unicode: does this tool care for fonts? I thought it was treating pages as images, so you could have anything there.
What I mean if the automatically extracted metadata, such as title, publisher, etc. supports unicode.
Closed Thread