Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #46
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
root@kindle:/usr/local/src/PokerTH-1.0.1-src# cat /proc/vmstat
Nice app - I have tried a couple other apps where the cards didn't move right with a touch screen or they don't refresh the screen when they move. for example, I ripped xsol and tried that. Does poker work?

OK finally is there a particular version of buildroot I should use, and if so, why? Thanks for all the answers so far - this is very helpful.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #47
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
Nice app - I have tried a couple other apps where the cards didn't move right with a touch screen or they don't refresh the screen when they move. for example, I ripped xsol and tried that. Does poker work?

OK finally is there a particular version of buildroot I should use, and if so, why? Thanks for all the answers so far - this is very helpful.
Just grab the most recent release.

When (if) the Freescale SoC stuff gets merged, then it might be worth switching to the repo 'head' - just not yet.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #48
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post

you don't actually have to move the cards
fortunately.

Yup I too looked at xsol etc. The issue appears to be "click and drag" is not serviced "properly" and times out in very short order.

I DO have it built in debian but struggling to get it 100% the way I would like it.
https://github.com/pokerth/pokerth/issues/194

working on it
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #49
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You still have to get the start-up command line passed to QEMU correct for the Kindle model processor your emulating.
(Which is doable, just missing from Brian's post.)

See the "qemu sub-tree" of the Buildroot distribution for examples.

And if your starting QEMU in 'system' mode (not running its own kernel, but using your host's kernel) -
Keep in mind that QEMU is just re-directing system calls to your host's linux kernel.
Which, sometimes, means your host needs to be running the same kernel version (to get the system calls to match the emulated system).

- - - - -

Yes, I know, the water is getting deeper and the current stronger - - but its all doable - just swim harder.
Ah - THAT is what I didn't understand. THANKS!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #50
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
root@dev:/# sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=20000 run
Quote:
sysbench 0.4.12: multi-threaded system evaluation benchmark

Running the test with following options:
Number of threads: 1

Doing CPU performance benchmark

Threads started!
Done.

Maximum prime number checked in CPU test: 20000

Test execution summary:
total time: 3636.9522s
total number of events: 10000
total time taken by event execution: 3636.9256
per-request statistics:
min: 357.54ms
avg: 363.69ms
max: 382.90ms
approx. 95 percentile: 365.53ms

Threads fairness:
events (avg/stddev): 10000.0000/0.00
execution time (avg/stddev): 3636.9256/0.00
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #51
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Here is some background information on running ARM/QEMU -
The article is from 2008, but is still useful -
And the demo-file should still run on the newer QEMU versions.
http://free-electrons.com/community/...-arm-directfb/
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote