Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Just had a strange problem with my 505

First off, I don't think I've had it connected to the computer (i.e. charging) for a few days except for maybe a few minutes her and there.

Was reading earlier this morning and then went to do something else (was holding the reader under my arm as I was loading stuff in the car, it fell out and landed on it's right-hand edge/cover and it would not then turn on. I tried many times and tried resetting it to no avail.

I plugged it in to the usb and the red light came on but nothing on the screen.

I left it plugged in and it appeared to come back about 1/2 hour or so - but had lost it's current bookmarks, book etc.

I don't know if the battery was just low (It was not evident on the battery display) and I was pressing buttons when it was under my arm or if the impact on the concrete may have done something??

Anyone experience anything like this?

Should I potentially look at returning it (I'm still within the 90 day return period for Target -- but not certain that applies to clearance stuff??)
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Well I never dropped mine

But I have had the battery meter read full, or at least three bars, and then all of the sudden have the device reboot and when it comes back on have a low battery and it's lost bookmarks, pre-pagination, and collections. Like maybe the battery meter wasn't calibrated or working properly.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Well I never dropped mine

But I have had the battery meter read full, or at least three bars, and then all of the sudden have the device reboot and when it comes back on have a low battery and it's lost bookmarks, pre-pagination, and collections. Like maybe the battery meter wasn't calibrated or working properly.
Hmmmm.... guess I'll give a work-out for a day or two and see what happens. It seemed to charge up quickly, so I'm not thinking it was the battery....Hmmm

It also seems to be working fine for the moment.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:53 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Try a mains charger, Kenny. The malfulnction kicking in just after the accident you had might be sheer coincidence. I had all the problems you describe when I used to charge by USB. On sound advice here, I bought a mains charger and everything's been fine and dandy ever since (the 505 batter meter is misleading). I paid a lot for an international charger, but you should be able to pick one up cheaply in the US. Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:04 AM   #5
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
You don't need to buy the very expensive specific charger, a PSP charger will do the same job and plug into your reader via the round charge socket.

You can not mains charge via the usb other than by connection to an active computer.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2009, 07:14 AM   #6
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Try a mains charger, Kenny. The malfulnction kicking in just after the accident you had might be sheer coincidence. I had all the problems you describe when I used to charge by USB. On sound advice here, I bought a mains charger and everything's been fine and dandy ever since (the 505 batter meter is misleading). I paid a lot for an international charger, but you should be able to pick one up cheaply in the US. Good luck. Neil
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
You don't need to buy the very expensive specific charger, a PSP charger will do the same job and plug into your reader via the round charge socket.

You can not mains charge via the usb other than by connection to an active computer.
Right. I'm thinking it may have been just coincidence as it seems to be working fine now.....will keep watching it.

Thanks Guys!