Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-03-2018, 02:11 PM   #1
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Kindle OS 5.x change history on Voyage

I bought a Kindle Voyage in 2014 shortly after it was released and have not always been happy about the OS changes since then. For example, the goodreads icon is just another icon that I never want to tap but accidentally tap nonetheless. (I understand that goodreads integration is a big plus to many. Choice and configurability is good.)

I recently bought a backup Voyage as a hedge against the total demise of the Voyage line and am trying to decide how far to update the OS before putting it into a shipping mode like state. I've forgotten most of the details of feature changes and bug fixes and am hoping people can remind me of the details. Of particular interest would be when XRAY format changed from its original form to an sqlite database, but all feature changes and bug fixes would be most welcome. It is easy enough to go forward in OS, but not back, so I don't want to waste this one time chance to revisit and maybe stay in the past.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:26 PM   #2
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I bought a Kindle Voyage in 2014 shortly after it was released and have not always been happy about the OS changes since then. For example, the goodreads icon is just another icon that I never want to tap but accidentally tap nonetheless. (I understand that goodreads integration is a big plus to many. Choice and configurability is good.)

I recently bought a backup Voyage as a hedge against the total demise of the Voyage line and am trying to decide how far to update the OS before putting it into a shipping mode like state. I've forgotten most of the details of feature changes and bug fixes and am hoping people can remind me of the details. Of particular interest would be when XRAY format changed from its original form to an sqlite database, but all feature changes and bug fixes would be most welcome. It is easy enough to go forward in OS, but not back, so I don't want to waste this one time chance to revisit and maybe stay in the past.
The new Voyage I received from Amazon last week was already on 5.9.6.1
As soon as I signed on to wifi it upgraded to 5.9.7 automatically.

I have a list of all versions with dates, but not what they changed.
The most important for me was the ability to darken the fonts.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert