Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-23-2018, 11:27 AM   #256
redson
redson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheese

Device: Booken, Kobo Glo HD, Oasis2 e T80S
hardware upgrade on the way

In conversation with an aliexpress vendor, it was said that boyue is updating new 7.8-inch device already update to octa occre, 2GB + 16gb, with sd card, android 6.0.

However, the date of availability was not confirmed
redson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:12 PM   #257
DoktrJones
DoktrJones is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook mini, likebook plus
Quick question, anybody using the latest firmware know how to enable the A2 mode?
DoktrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2018, 04:26 AM   #258
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktrJones View Post
Quick question, anybody using the latest firmware know how to enable the A2 mode?
I am not sure if this is what is called A2 node, but in the Settings app under Reading settings there is an entry "Refresh reading pages" with a choice between "Ordinary mode" and "Fast mode".
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:32 AM   #259
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktrJones View Post
The back button acts as a home button as well on long-press

For me there was no need to power off the device first, just plugged it in and held the home and power button a few seconds until it showed up in RKBatchtool.
When I turned device off and pressed power and home, I got an icon of android lying on back with belly opened and ! sign in triangle, but reflasher didn't recognize device in this state. Instead, when I plugged it in plain on state it did recognize it, and when I pressed shortly power button, the reflashing went ahead. Maybe this depends on reflashing tool and driver version, I used driver 4.4 and reflasher 1.8 that I found somewhere on the net.
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 06:44 AM   #260
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Does anyone know if there's a way to change the sleep wallpaper to the cover of the book you're currently reading?
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2018, 06:57 AM   #261
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofrobot View Post
Does anyone know if there's a way to change the sleep wallpaper to the cover of the book you're currently reading?
I detailed how I do it in the post quoted below from a different thread. I use Calibre Companion to send the current cover of the book I last opened to the Picture folder to be used as the power save screen then follow the below steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Using ReLaunchX I navigate to the image in the Picture folder (where I had Calibre Companion send it) and click on it. The image opens in Comic Viewer. Then I use reverse pinch hand gestures to stretch the image to fit the screen. Once the image fits the screen I tap the center of the screen to bring up the top menu bar. I then tap the icon to the right of the image name and it sets this image as the screen saver image.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-31-2018 at 07:05 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:56 PM   #262
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Awesome! I was able to get it set how I want thanks to your advice.

Does anyone use Moon Reader on their Likebook? I prefer it because it has all the features that I want. However, I'm having some noticeable ghosting and I think it's due to the lack of refresh settings in the app. Anyone experience this and have a fix they can suggest?
Old 09-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #263
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Awesome! I was able to get it set how I want thanks to your advice.
Glad I could help.

Quote:
Does anyone use Moon Reader on their Likebook? I prefer it because it has all the features that I want. However, I'm having some noticeable ghosting and I think it's due to the lack of refresh settings in the app. Anyone experience this and have a fix they can suggest?
I use Moon+ Reader Pro and have no ghosting issues. I do have my device settings set to refresh once every 10 screens.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #264
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Glad I could help.

I use Moon+ Reader Pro and have no ghosting issues. I do have my device settings set to refresh once every 10 screens.
How do you set that? Is that the "full screen refresh setting"? I have mine set to 1 because I assumed that meant refresh every 1 page. Is that right? If so, it doesn't appear to be working as expected with Moon Reader on mine.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:15 PM   #265
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
How do you set that? Is that the "full screen refresh setting"? I have mine set to 1 because I assumed that meant refresh every 1 page. Is that right? If so, it doesn't appear to be working as expected with Moon Reader on mine.
It doesn't work on mine either.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:00 AM   #266
redson
redson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheese

Device: Booken, Kobo Glo HD, Oasis2 e T80S
Tracking read progress

Hello friends,

I'm researching on ways to track reading statistics for our Likebook, but I'm discouraged because I did not find anything interesting. For example, for the IOS platform there is the bookly app, which produces excellent reports. I did not find anything similar for android. Would anyone have an idea?
redson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:19 AM   #267
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Hello.

I'm trying to read a magazine (Scientific American) and can't do it using Moon+ reader. I crop margins, turn on reflow, etc. and intend to read page's sectors, but the device behaves in a weird manner: many times one paragraph is displayed on an enormous font size a few lines and very little other lines in the same paragraph.

Is there any correct app configuration that permits to read comfortably pdf? Should I choose any other app?

Last edited by viceant; 10-13-2018 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Complete
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:13 AM   #268
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Is there any correct app configuration that permits to read comfortably pdf? Should I choose any other app?
For me EBookDroid works quite well with pdf. Especialy because it handles pretty well 2-column pdfs.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:27 PM   #269
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
For me EBookDroid works quite well with pdf. Especialy because it handles pretty well 2-column pdfs.
Thank you very much!!!☺
What about dictionaries in that app?
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:30 PM   #270
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Thank you very much!!!☺
What about dictionaries in that app?
I don't use a dictionary with it. But I see that it supports several dictionaries (for example ColorDict, GoldenDict, MDict) and has a Share option making it compatible with basically any dictionary or other app.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote