Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-12-2017, 03:37 AM   #1
Dave Nivlac
Dave Nivlac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iBooks
epub import fails sometimes

I'm trying to import some EPUB formatted books into Calibre from iBooks and am getting this error message below. The theme seems to be books that have been imported to iBooks not being able to get imported to Calibre. I've tried dragging them out of the directory and importing from different locations, only success is when I root around and find the original epub file prior to being imported in to iBooks. Other epubs work fine, I don't have my originals for some is the thing. Any suggestions for this newb to Calibre would be appreciated!

Failed to add the file /Volumes/RD/Users/dave/Library/Mobile Documents/iCloud~com~apple~iBooks/Documents/Notes of A Dirty Old Man.epub to the book: /Volumes/RD/Users/dave/Library/Mobile Documents/iCloud~com~apple~iBooks/Documents/Notes of A Dirty Old Man
With error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/add.py", line 430, in add_formats
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1410, in add_format
File "site-packages/calibre/startup.py", line 122, in local_open
IOError: [Errno 21] Is a directory: u'/Volumes/RD/Users/dave/Library/Mobile Documents/iCloud~com~apple~iBooks/Documents/Notes of A Dirty Old Man.epub'
Dave Nivlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ibooks stores epub files as directories, not actual epub files. calibre cannot import those. A bit of googling will get you some scripts you can use to convert the directories back into actual epub files which you can them import into calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert