Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-09-2017, 03:42 PM   #1
MrsConnor
MrsConnor began at the beginning.

Device: None
Failed to add the book error

I've been using Calibre without any problems until about a week ago. When I try to add a new book I get a message that says "Failed to Add Book" and part of the details says unable to open the database file.

I had not previously made any changes when this started happening. Since then I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the last 4 versions of Calibre, but the problem is still happening. Any ideas what might be causing this? Thank you.
MrsConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsConnor View Post
I've been using Calibre without any problems until about a week ago. When I try to add a new book I get a message that says "Failed to Add Book" and part of the details says unable to open the database file.

I had not previously made any changes when this started happening. Since then I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the last 4 versions of Calibre, but the problem is still happening. Any ideas what might be causing this? Thank you.
99% chance it is your Security software blocking RW access to your library
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote