Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-21-2021, 01:10 PM   #1
timsup2nothin
timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!

Device: none
Just Robbed a Bank-Tim Scott

It's a self help book for would be bank robbers.

https://www.amazon.com/Just-Robbed-B...c%2C232&sr=8-1

The hardest thing to remember when you are a bank robber is that you still look like everybody else. The giant sign that says JUST ROBBED A BANK is not flashing over your head, it is IN your head.

This is a book of stories. Stories I lived before, during, and after becoming a bank robber. And make no mistake, even though I haven't robbed any banks for years, I am still a bank robber. Once I understood the flashing sign was in my head, not over it, it was going to be in my head forever. That's what being a bank robber taught me about the defining choices we make: They can't be unmade. But the most important choice I made wasn't choosing to be a bank robber. Being a bank robber just put me on the path to being everything I ever wanted to be, and more.

Because it taught me that I could choose.
timsup2nothin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:40 AM   #2
timsup2nothin
timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!timsup2nothin will blow your mind, man!

Well, maybe the self help book joke was a little too flatly delivered there. I posted that on release day and was a little drunk on my own cleverness. I now have sufficient feedback to say that the book is funny by general consensus, not just because I think it is, so today I will describe it as a humorous memoir.

Last edited by timsup2nothin; 06-28-2021 at 06:41 AM. Reason: my editor won't follow me around and fix typos
Old 07-13-2021, 01:56 PM   #3
timsup2nothin

A quote from my first review:

"The book contains not only humorous stories of his times as a bank robber, but also strong life lessons. I would call it a well written and surprising sequel to Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance."

I'm old enough to remember Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance as a 'must read' book, so I took that as high praise.

Should I have called it Zen and the Art of Robbing Banks?
Old 07-21-2021, 01:12 PM   #4
timsup2nothin

Three reviews and the closest thing to a complaint is someone saying they wish it was longer. If I had known writing a book would be so good for my ego I'd have done it a long time ago.