Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
UKPFC
UKPFC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UKPFC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UKPFC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UKPFC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UKPFC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UKPFC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UKPFC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UKPFC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UKPFC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UKPFC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UKPFC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Mini
update/clean up my library

Hi folks, I notice in my Calibre library files that I have a bunch duplicate file with "original" at the end of the file name. I have no idea where they came from and they are taking up space (pesky dropbox). Is it ok to delete them? I'm paranoid of damaging my database. Any advice would be great. Thanks folks.
UKPFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Things like "epub_Original" or "mobi_Original"?

These are the original files from before doing an ePub to ePub conversion.

Yes you can remove them but do it via the calibre GUI.

Select all books in your library then right click, select Remove books and then Remove files of a specific format from selected books and then select which of the Original formats you want to remove.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKPFC View Post
Hi folks, I notice in my Calibre library files that I have a bunch duplicate file with "original" at the end of the file name. I have no idea where they came from and they are taking up space (pesky dropbox). Is it ok to delete them? I'm paranoid of damaging my database. Any advice would be great. Thanks folks.
Those are the backup from a conversion of the same format.

You can use Calibre Delete right-click options to remove a selected format
you can use Preferences:Tweaks: <save_original_format> settings to control these in the future
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote