Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #31
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I'm also impressed by the improvements in speed, unfortunately, kpdfviewer still has some quirks that make reading in Reflow mode a bit difficult.

For example, when I tested this pdf from archive.org with it, I noticed that large chunks of text were often randomly carried over from one page to the next (p21_A.jpg & p21_B.jpg), which makes continuous reading rather difficult. Occasionally the Reflow feature also produced lines with just one word in it (p22_A.jpg).

(All screen captures where taken in sequence on my K3, and you can see the settings that I used in the last screen capture.)
@Doitsu: sorry for digging out this thread, but just wondering where does the 4th screenshot come from? Is it KOReader from a Kindle Paperwhite? asking because it doesn't look like kindlepdfviewer of a K3 at all!!! ?
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #32
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post
@Doitsu: sorry for digging out this thread, but just wondering where does the 4th screenshot come from? Is it KOReader from a Kindle Paperwhite? asking because it doesn't look like kindlepdfviewer of a K3 at all!!! ?
It was taken with kindlepdfviewer on a K3. To see this dialog:
  1. Open a pdf file
  2. Select PDFReflow
  3. Press AA
(This popup menu is not displayed in PDFReader mode.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert