Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #16
Mememememe
Connoisseur
Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d0g View Post
Bullpucky. It's a partnership. As a customer I want to know BOTH are addressing the issue. If Wal-Mart sold contaminated hamburger, I'd fully expect them to beat up quite publicly on the supplier.

You're probably not in a business where retailers work with suppliers. A retailer should lay into a supplier who provides a faulty product, particularly if they do so repeatedly, but it's not their place to badmouth them to the consumer.
Mememememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #17
Mememememe
Connoisseur
Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
. If someone (and Kobo is a bigger someone than any of us) doesn't contact the publisher, nothing will change.

As for telling us that they have done so--well, who would be satisfied with a generic remark like "we're looking into it"?

As I said, they SHOULD contact the publisher. They'd damn well better contact the publisher. But the response to the consumer should be: "The problem originates with the file supplied by the publisher. We've alerted them to the problem and have asked them to supply a corrected file."
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #18
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mememememe View Post
Despite the post I just made, I should add that this response from Kobo:

"We will inform the publisher, Random House, that they have provided us with a poor quality book and ask them to resubmit a more rigorously edited file."

... is improper and unprofessional. You don't chastise your supplier to a customer. It's fine to say that the problem originated with the supplier, but you don't use this language to do so. Not that I have too much sympathy for Random House, of course. (See prior post.)
I don't think this comes across as chastising. All words are neutral except "poor quality" and you could argue that is fact and not pejorative.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:16 AM   #19
Mememememe
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
I don't think this comes across as chastising. All words are neutral except "poor quality" and you could argue that is fact and not pejorative.
But include the full quote and the tone is definitely chastising.