Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #91
Roger108
Roger108 doesn't litterRoger108 doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360
Pocketbook 360 Firmware 15.1 now available at PocketbookReader.com

I just downloaded and installed last night. Working fine.

Thank you Pocketbook!
Roger108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:15 AM   #92
mishaikin
mishaikin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mishaikin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mishaikin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mishaikin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
Is it my imagination or a bug in 15.1 .... I have remapped one of the buttons to send me back to the Main Menu on long press, however, what happens is that it just brings me back to where I've been before - folder, Favorites, main menu. In other words it works as "exit" instead of "main menu". In 14.2 it worked as supposed to. , in 15.1 - not anymore
mishaikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:26 AM   #93
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaikin View Post
Is it my imagination or a bug in 15.1 ....
I think it is a bug.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #94
ArchCarrier
ArchCarrier began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
Unfortunately, I've had two resets today with version 15.1, both times while reading an EPUB file (two different ones). Thankfully no total crashes, but a reboot after I pressed one of the wing buttons to go to the next page.

Has anyone else experienced any crashes with the new firmware? This is getting really annoying...
ArchCarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:05 AM   #95
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchCarrier View Post
Unfortunately, I've had two resets today with version 15.1, both times while reading an EPUB file (two different ones). Thankfully no total crashes, but a reboot after I pressed one of the wing buttons to go to the next page.

Has anyone else experienced any crashes with the new firmware? This is getting really annoying...
Yes. I installed it right after I got my PB recently, and I had to do about 10 hard resets in the first few days - and a number of my books wouldn't open either. So you can understand I felt quite annoyed and not a little worried that this e-book reader wasn't as good after all. I switched back to v. 14.2 and have not experienced any problems since.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #96
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur
Anders Eriksson doesn't litterAnders Eriksson doesn't litter

Device: a blue Opus
Just a tip for the non-German users,
In the German thread:
MobileRead Forums > Non-English Discussions > Deutsches Forum > PocketBook
Aktuellste Firmware Versionen

There seems to be more up to date info here in the German part, and the only "authorized" bug report place is in this part also; "Ticket-Liste mit bekannten Fehlern und notwendigen Verbesserungen."

Post #79 (I haven't figured out how to insert a direct link)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaernil
hat sie den Forkosigan-Test nicht bestanden .
"has failed the test Forkosigan." (translation by google)

Nicht ganz bestanden, warte auf letzte Verbesserung, und wenn es gemacht wird, werde die Firmware veöffentlichen.
"were not quite wait for final improvement, and if made, would veöffentlichen the firmware."(translation by google)

www.pocketbook.de

MM-Klub: PB360° owners unite!
Anders Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:50 AM   #97
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
That means, Fork is testing the new firmware update beforehand, and once he gives approval, it will be released.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:28 AM   #98
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Eriksson View Post
Just a tip for the non-German users,
In the German thread:
MobileRead Forums > Non-English Discussions > Deutsches Forum > PocketBook
Aktuellste Firmware Versionen

There seems to be more up to date info here in the German part, and the only "authorized" bug report place is in this part also; "Ticket-Liste mit bekannten Fehlern und notwendigen Verbesserungen."

Post #79 (I haven't figured out how to insert a direct link)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaernil
hat sie den Forkosigan-Test nicht bestanden .
"has failed the test Forkosigan." (translation by google)

Nicht ganz bestanden, warte auf letzte Verbesserung, und wenn es gemacht wird, werde die Firmware veöffentlichen.
"were not quite wait for final improvement, and if made, would veöffentlichen the firmware."(translation by google)

www.pocketbook.de

MM-Klub: PB360° owners unite!
I'll make an authorized Bug report here and we will keep this up, too. It was just an oversight that we haven't inserted one here yet.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #99
Roger108
Roger108 doesn't litterRoger108 doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360
Are File Extensions Necessary?

Does anyone know if file extensions are needed on a file for it to be recognized by Pocketbook 360?

I'm about to upload all my Word, txt, and RTF files to my 360.

Thanks
Roger108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #100
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger108 View Post
Does anyone know if file extensions are needed on a file for it to be recognized by Pocketbook 360?
Yes they are.

Next time, please start a new thread with a question that has nothing with discussion in this thread.
We are all watching this "new firmware" thread VERY impatiently and every false alarm makes us jumpy ;-)

Extension has to be in lowercase, so book.rtf will work book.RTF will not.
Even if you upload file book.HTM or book.HTML it will not be recognized. It has to be named book.htm or book html.
The PocketBook uses file extension to determine what to do with a file. This functionality is configured by a extensions.cfg
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:29 PM   #101
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur
Anders Eriksson doesn't litterAnders Eriksson doesn't litter

Device: a blue Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Yes they are.

Next time, please start a new thread with a question that has nothing with discussion in this thread.
We are all watching this "new firmware" thread VERY impatiently and every false alarm makes us jumpy ;-)
I agree 100% that the threads should stick to the original question/info as close as possible. And I understand that it was easiest for mtravellerh to answer on your criticism right in the thread about a wiki or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I'm sorry. I was too optimistical about the FW update. Somehow the problem is largely more involve3d than I thought at first. Our devs are slaving away to really fix the cide. We know all of you are rather impatient, but we won't release any firmware unless it's at least as stable as 14.2.
But then I think it would be good manner also to add this info to this thread.

Info even if it is negative (no release date) is news (and good that it hopefully will be very stable)

Please you guys that knows german, could you please "relay" the german info when you see some that doesn't exists here in the english forum.
Anders Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #102
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Eriksson View Post
I agree 100% that the threads should stick to the original question/info as close as possible. And I understand that it was easiest for mtravellerh to answer on your criticism right in the thread about a wiki or not.

But then I think it would be good manner also to add this info to this thread.

Info even if it is negative (no release date) is news (and good that it hopefully will be very stable)

Please you guys that knows german, could you please "relay" the german info when you see some that doesn't exists here in the english forum.
That's exactly what I did, no?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:03 AM   #103
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
So what's the consensus on the new PB360 firmware? Is it worth going to 15.1 or are there still numerous bugs?

I have no complaints with 14.2 (the firmware that came installed on my device) and was wondering if there are any noticeable advantages to upgrading if there are still some glitches.

I have watched this thread for a while and noticed some earlier comments on crashes and so on - I have not experienced this at all with 14.2 - is it still a 15.1 feature? I mainly use FB2 (so FBReader) but has the ADE reader been improved in 15.1? Any other improvements?

Thanks for your help.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:17 AM   #104
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I've not upgraded yet, either. I'm on 14.2, like you, but I have experienced freezing. I've had my PB 360 for around a month now and I've had to reset it using the reset button four times. That surprised me, because I haven't heard anyone else complaining about that.

I'm not complaining at all. I LOVE my PB 360 and would certainly recommend them to everyone.

I'm interested to hear the answer to your questions.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:25 AM   #105
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I've been using 15.1 and it was the first time I had to reset it. I have put a small plastic office clip inside the battery cover for the event I have to use the button.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote